Test Data Manager

• 1.  CA TDM Upgrade - 4.0 to 4.1 Windows Installer error

Posted Aug 29, 2017 11:32 AM

I have an urgent Q if you can please help, I am doing this TDM upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 and the portal installation is throwing this windows installer error. I got one of the responses from the CA docs that we can uninstall and then install the TDM portal again.Is there any risk of loosing any configuration data or is there another way to do this.

• 2.  Re: CA TDM Upgrade - 4.0 to 4.1 Windows Installer error

Posted Aug 29, 2017 11:44 AM

Hi Ashima,

I can help you with the TDm upgrade. Please email narma13@ca.com.  

Thanks and Regards,

Manju

• 3.  Re: CA TDM Upgrade - 4.0 to 4.1 Windows Installer error
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2017 11:44 AM

Hi Ashima, 

Can you please provide the error and document you are referencing? Maybe there is a better solution than uninstalling. 

If you uninstall the data will not be lost as it is kept in the TDM Repository. 

You may lose some Portal configurations. 

Profiles are kept in the temp area for the user. If the installer writes the file, like the application.properties file, then it will uninstall too. However, if the program generates that profile, then it will be left. Since we can upgrade and those files are preserved, that would indicate that the uninstall should leave those behind. 

The best way to move forward would be to create a backup folder of all your Portal files and then delete once the fresh install is verified to work.

Best regards,

Taylor

dovle01

• 4.  Re: CA TDM Upgrade - 4.0 to 4.1 Windows Installer error

Posted Aug 29, 2017 11:46 AM

Also, I would advise you to upgrade from TDM4.0 to 4.2 directly.

• 5.  Re: CA TDM Upgrade - 4.0 to 4.1 Windows Installer error

Posted Aug 29, 2017 12:02 PM

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for your quick response. Where can I share the information and the logs of the error that I am facing.

Thanks,

Ashima

• 6.  Re: CA TDM Upgrade - 4.0 to 4.1 Windows Installer error

Posted Aug 30, 2017 08:36 AM

Ashima's issue was resolved by fixing the registry settings.

So basically the registry settings to the directory where CA tool was installed was not correct.

They had a directory location path incorrectly available which was corrected.

After correcting the path, the issue was resolved and they were able to install the portal correctly.