Service Virtualization

• 1.  Integration of Assets with DevTest

Posted Aug 29, 2017 03:42 PM

For recordings is there plans to create a traffic file so this can be reused in DevTest? I see a  vsk file is created but unsure what this file is for

• 2.  Re: Integration of Assets with DevTest

Posted Aug 30, 2017 02:16 PM

Steven,

If you are asking about saving the traffic from a given recording and then reusing it later to re-create a virtual service from that same recording file, then this is already supported and can be configured in the very first step of the Recording wizard. 

In the first step you can you specify the location of the traffic file where the traffic from the recording will be saved. You will need to configure the "Export to" field:

It saves an XML file with all the traffic recorded and when you want to re-create a virtual service from the recording simply open up the recording wizard and specify the location of this XML file in the "Import traffic" field

• 3.  Re: Integration of Assets with DevTest
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2017 04:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi William

I'm aware of this for workstation but this is for SV Express. In express we have no option to create a traffic file I do see a *.vts file under the data folder and though this is something I could import and reuse in workstation.

Attached SV express project for reference

Attachment(s)

zip
    TestVS1.zip   14 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: Integration of Assets with DevTest

Posted Sep 11, 2017 02:33 PM

Steven, 

Adding to William's response, while creating a virtual service using the DevTest Portal, a raw traffic file (XML) is generated under $LISA_HOME/vseRecording/VSE2013/<RandomNumber>/Project/Data/<VSMName.xml>.

DevTest Portal is not saving the raw traffic file during recording process - Is there a way to enable this? 

Where do you see a vsk file?

Thanks,

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: Integration of Assets with DevTest

Posted Sep 19, 2017 04:10 AM

The vsk file was created under the recordings folder for SV Express see also my reply above