Clarity

• 1.  Standard Base Calendar update

Posted Aug 30, 2017 09:42 AM

Hello,

I´d like your advice. I have the following situation:

I have a CA PPM client that has projects planned last year (2016), these projects have tasks scheduled to perform during 2017-2018-2019. When these projects where planned, the standard calendar did not have defined yet the 2017-2018-2019 non- working days, so tasks duration for tasks executing during this period does not consider these years non- working days. The calendar was updated on Nov 2016 with 2017 non-working days,  but tasks remain with their original start-finish dates and duration. Client thinks CA PPM should update automatically tasks duration each time calendar changes.

Now, They need the wrong tasks duration be adjusted, but there are a lot of task to do it manually.

My question is: Is there a way to perform a batch process in order to recalculate an update wrong tasks duration?. What would you recommend?. 

What best practice should be applied to manage situations where you plan a project that will last for example 3 years and when the project is  planned not necessarily all the non-working days are known in advance.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards

Pilar

• 2.  Re: Standard Base Calendar update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 09:47 AM

Can you check if running the autoschedule from PPM Gantt or the "Autoschedule Project" job resolve these conflicts?

Regards

• 3.  Re: Standard Base Calendar update

Posted Aug 30, 2017 01:22 PM

Yes, the autoschedule job allows to (re)schedule the future work. That is if you project WBS and resources are carved in stone for two years. You can only schedule one project from PPM Gantt while the job can schedule more than one depending on how you set the paramaters.