Clarity

• 1.  How to find documents shared with non participants

Posted Aug 30, 2017 05:12 PM

PPM 14.3.  I am trying to use the setting in the Collaboration space to share documents with non participants.  The project is only shared with team members.  When a non participant searches for the document they get no results.  Any ideas if this feature works? Or must I search via a specific method?

• 2.  Re: How to find documents shared with non participants
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 02:17 AM

Here a KB on this:

How To Configure Collaboration Folders and Documents for Non-Participants

https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC577683.html

Regards

• 3.  Re: How to find documents shared with non participants

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 03:00 AM

Nice KB document but doesn't the job "Index contents and documents for searches” also need to run on a regular cadence to ensure the documents are indexed?

• 4.  Re: How to find documents shared with non participants

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 03:16 AM

Either the job or the synchronous indexing option in the NSA will take care of the indexing.

From the initial statement, I understand the issue is only with non participants, so I believe the indexing will be OK as participants would be able to view the docs.

• 5.  Re: How to find documents shared with non participants

Posted Sep 07, 2017 08:39 AM

Thanks for the article.  This does explain why this isn’t working for our configuration.  Our requirement is to allow non-participants to search and view documents that are marked for sharing with Non-participants  WHILE not allow any access to the projects they have not been granted access to.  When I add the permission to “View – Documents” for a given instance, the user then sees the project title and other information in the project list and also has access to the properties page.