DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Robot rebot alarm

Posted Aug 31, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi All,

Need help to create an alarm when server gets rebooted. One of the monitored server got rebooted recently and robot inactive alarm was generated. However server came back in 2-3 min. and alarm got cleared automatically. Hence nobody noticed server was restarted. Is there any way we can set alarm which does not clear automatically when server reboot. 

Regards,

Ragesh M 

• 2.  Re: Robot rebot alarm
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2017 10:04 AM

Hello,

You can use the CDM probe to do this. There's an option which generates an alarm when the probe detect the server has rebooted.

" Detected reboot in the Alarm on section to generate an alarm when the probe detects a system reboot."

I invite you to have a look there if you need help on the configuration: cdm IM Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Robot rebot alarm

Posted Sep 04, 2017 05:56 AM

Hi Christophe

I have checked the option mentioned above. However, it generate an information message and getting cleared automatically. 

Regards,

Ragesh M 

• 4.  Re: Robot rebot alarm

Posted Sep 04, 2017 08:30 AM

Did you try changing the configuration of the "BootAlarm” message in the Message Pool? That would require a small change in the package (or cfx, or template) but you should be able to raise the severity of the alarm.

• 5.  Re: Robot rebot alarm

Posted Sep 04, 2017 08:45 AM

Thanks it worked. I have updated the severity of the alarm.