Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Task Report from different scrum teams for specific set of owners

• 1.  Task Report from different scrum teams for specific set of owners

Posted Sep 01, 2017 03:27 AM

Here is a case where i need some suggestions

Here is a problem statement:

I have a shared DBA team and 1 member each are dedicated for scrum teams. They create DB task for user stories which they own needed for completing the User stories implementation. we operate with Release (4 quarter release) / Milestone (1 or more release marked as milestone) format.

Issue :

when it comes to milestone release, DBA team needs a consolidated report of all the task which are added for specific milestones in user stories for packaging. CA doesnt seems to have this capability. They want a list of it and not ticket format.

Here's what i tried :

1. Goto task and create a report with custom query with all tasks by OWNER. I can use "OR" function but can not combine with Milestone as the query / condition doesnt work.

2. Tried Work views, it doesnt fetch "Tasks" under a specific user story. The user story owner & task owner are different. The work view doesnt have this capability

Any leads ?

Regards,

Mayuresh Athalekar

• 2.  Re: Task Report from different scrum teams for specific set of owners
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:19 AM

Mayuresh.Athalekar,

Would it work to first query on a specific Milestone and then use the Owner filters on a Custom List?

If you first add a Custom List app to a Custom Page or Dashboard, Custom List | CA Agile Central Help you can then add a query for the Milestone you are wanting:

( WorkProduct.Milestones contains "milestone/123456" )

The "milestone/123456" portion is the Object ID of the Milestone you wish to filter on.  You can then use the Advanced Filters on the page to select the DBA owners.

Let me know if that helps.

Michael