DX NetOps

• 1.  Spectrum 10.2.1 integration with ServiceNow

Posted Sep 01, 2017 11:27 AM

Is there anyone out there that has successfully integrated Spectrum 10.2.1 to automatically create tickets in ServiceNow? I am running Spectrum 10.2.1 and I have followed the documentation for Service Desk integration, which by the way is confusing to me. I also watch the youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdl-Z9amD0&feature=youtu.be) which was based on setting up for service now. It was pretty straight forward from the Spectrum side but the in between details of the flow and mapping over to the ServiceNow side is where I am stuck. I got to a point where Spectrum could create a ticket manually and automatically in ServiceNow but it seemed as though mapping was off between the two. As it relates to the Spectrum side, what can I check to verify default mapping? 

• 2.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.1 integration with ServiceNow
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 03, 2017 07:29 PM

I have tried to setup the integration few months back in a UAT and seems to have went fine for us 

Take a look at the below link for mapping 

Alarm Fields, REST examples and Attribute mapping - CA Spectrum - 10.2 and 10.2.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Alternatively you can further troubleshoot by accessing the below link 

http://<OC_HOST>:<OC_PORT>/ca-nim-sm/ui/login.jsp

Login as nimadmin/nimadmin 

Click on customizations and select ServiceNow from drop down, select appropriate CI type and you should be able to see the related mappings between Spectrum and SNOW here via api

Note: Support do not recommend modifying anything after logging in using the above link, so please be careful 

• 3.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.1 integration with ServiceNow

Posted Sep 05, 2017 07:48 AM

Hey Phani...thanks for the response. Funny enough I did stumble upon the NIM link (http://<OC_HOST>:<OC_PORT>/ca-nim-sm/ui/login.jsp) shortly after posting but I am glad to know that I am at least heading down the right path. What version of NIM and ServiceNow are you guys running? According to my nim-version.xml, I am running 3.2.0.77 and our ServiceNow environment is running Istanbul. It appears that some of the mapping is off due to my NIM version not supporting Istanbul. I tried clicking the link for the latest build and had no luck and was wondering if you had the same issue?

• 4.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.1 integration with ServiceNow

Posted Sep 05, 2017 08:00 PM

Hi Gavin,

We are on Spectrum 10.2.1 ( nim-version 3.2.0.77)  and we were on quite a bit of old version of SNOW( Fiji) when I first tried the integration as it was a UAT.

We did had quite a many issues specifically with field mapping and had to update mapping in Spectrum to get it to work.

Turn on the debug for Service Desk Integration on Spectrum and you should be able to see something written to the log file for troubleshooting

I haven't tried it with the new version of SNOW yet  

• 5.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.1 integration with ServiceNow

Posted Dec 08, 2017 12:27 PM

HI Phani,

We are also trying to integrate spectrum with servicnow. But as of now facing issues like unable to map the cmdb_ci, short_description fields in service now.

Can you please help me understand where and how can these mappings be changed in spectrum.

• 6.  Re: Spectrum 10.2.1 integration with ServiceNow

Posted Dec 11, 2017 05:19 AM

I'm having an issue opened with CA on this. The mapping doesn't seem to run correctly. I tried modifying it using REST but I'm receiving back an error.

I got around the default mapping, by modifying the SNOW side.