CA Service Management

• 1.  How to pre-set text fields on CO's?

Posted Sep 01, 2017 11:49 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

When launching a new CO screen (detail_chg.htmpl), we have several text fields that get pre-populated with "templates". This helps guide the information requesters enter on the CO. I'm trying to figure out how this was done. See attached screenshot, I don't see how this was done in Web Screen Painter. The person who did this work is no longer available. I'm still very new at this and need to move this change from UAT to Prod. Any help would be most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mike Beaulieu
    Enterprise Application Support
    Office Phone: 813-206-7842
    michel.beaulieu@wellcare

• 2.  Re: How to pre-set text fields on CO's?

Posted Sep 01, 2017 02:06 PM

Hi Michel,

Typically this would not be done via Web Screen Painter.   You can create change templates that you can then generate change orders from, but I am not sure if you are creating change orders from a template or not.  Does the content of these pre-populated fields change depending upon the category chosen?  In other words, what is determining what content goes in these fields?

We need to understand a bit more about what is actually occurring - and what its based on.  Then we can try to help you reverse-engineer it further.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How to pre-set text fields on CO's?

Posted Sep 01, 2017 03:10 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update. I figured out where to do this, but I have no more details as of yet:

I’ll take it up next week after Labor Day.

Thank you,

Mike Beaulieu

michel.beaulieu@wellcare

• 4.  Re: How to pre-set text fields on CO's?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2017 03:09 PM

Hi,

Look for a tmpl_site.spl file in nx_root/site/mods/magic. This file controls the mapping of fields from the template and copy functions.

If this is where the changes were performed you'll need to copy this file to prod and recycle the environment to pick up the change. 

• 5.  Re: How to pre-set text fields on CO's?

Posted Sep 05, 2017 08:33 AM

Hi Grant,

Thank you very much for the update.

Best Regards,

Mike Beaulieu

michel.beaulieu@wellcare