Clarity

• 1.  Configure Cost Plans to Add Units

Posted Sep 01, 2017 01:19 PM

How do I include both units (hours) and costs as default settings for the creation and edit of cost plans?  I've tried to add the Total Units, Actual Units and Variance Units to the cost plan views but it's not working.  We want to be able to capture both approved costs and approved hours for our projects.  Help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Configure Cost Plans to Add Units
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2017 05:56 PM

Hi Randi,

Like elsewhere in studio, you generally need to publish the changes for this to feed through to ALL users.

If the user has configured the cost plan in any way, then your changes wouldn't show. You'd need them to reset to default or force a publish.

I've seen a few occasions in multi server clusters where config hasn't applied, a restart of the services normally fixes that.

If you want to know who is impacted, get in touch and i'll share the query

Andrew

• 3.  Re: Configure Cost Plans to Add Units

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2017 07:52 AM

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241727740

If you populate the cost plan from task assignments, the Units or Units Total will show you the sum of ETC and Actuals of the team member at assignment level. It will be the sum of both Act + ETC

I have not found a way of displaying only actual hours. But it displays the aggregation of both values. Only when you use the population form task assignments.

If you use the Investment team, it will actually show the allocation hours of the team member.