Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Jaspersoft (CABI 6.2) installation issue

Posted Sep 05, 2017 07:54 AM

I am trying to install CA business intelligence (Jasper report server 6.2 ) on windows 2012 R2 server,while installing the report server on windows 2012 R2 server through the command prompt (install.bat -r sample.properties -l install.log).i am facing below error and also i have attached log file for reference.

Note: 

And also find the attached  (sample.properties & install.log) file for reference and please give me the solution to solve this issues. 

Environment :

Java : 1.8.

Application server : Apache tomcat 8.0.

Database : MS SQL Express 2014.

Attachment(s)

zip
    log.log.zip   2 KB 1 version
    zip
    sample.properties.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft (CABI 6.2) installation issue
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2017 07:59 AM

Hi,

You have 3 issues based on the data attached:

1) In the sample.properties, you provided the following value for appserverDir "C:\\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0", the correct representation for this is "C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Tomcat 8.0". This will ensure the installer can find the Tomcat home directory to deploy the web application.

2) The machine where you're installing Jaspersoft is unable to connect to the JASPER DB (Exception :[Tibcosoftware][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: JASPER:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect). You need to resolve this error first, before rerunning the installation . Best way to validate is to use a SQL client to connect from the Jaspersoft machine using the credentials specified in sample.properties and see if it's able to connect.

3) MS SQL Server express edition is not a supported database platform per the compatibility matrix.