CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

ticket detail display problem

• 1.  ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 01:30 AM

Dear all,

I have a problem while displaying the detail of only one ticket. After waiting a while, it shows me the delayed server response message; in stdlog files there isn't anything related with this ticket. I can also run select SQL queries for both call_req and act_log tables, it seems fine. What might be the problem? Is there any solution without restarting the server?

Best Regards

Utku

Attachment(s)

zip
    604514.txt.zip   1 KB 1 version
    zip
    604514_act.txt.zip   1 KB 1 version
    xlsx
    604514.xlsx   10 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 05:46 AM

Hi Utku,

This sounds like an underlying performance related problem. Please have a look at the below tech doc which may help alleviate this:

TEC1017745 - https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1017745.html

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 07:46 AM

I think that it's not a performance related issue, since there is only 1 specific record which cannot be seen in detail.

• 4.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 07:26 AM

Hi Utku,

I would first like to know if there are any special characters involved in this one specific case that you are having an issue. I would suggest you extract the date of this single case and try to format the data in a text file so that we will eliminate the special character scenario if there is any. Once done you might want to reload the same data for validating this behavior again.

Check if there is any un-usual data when compared to other tickets.

• 5.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 07:47 AM

I've already checked the summary,description and activity logs from DB.

everything about characters seems normal

• 6.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 08:26 AM

Hi Utku,

How many activity log entries does this specific ticket have?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 08:36 AM

Hi Brian

there are 18 activities.

• 8.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 09:03 AM

Would  you be able to extract the data for this record and upload here? Need both from pdm_extract command and SQL query(Select *) to validate the same.

I would also recommend you enable the TRACE logs and reproduce the behavior to capture more log info for this specific behavior.

• 9.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 02:13 AM

Hi Maheshwar

I've added 3 files to main post. txt files are the result of pdm_extract

xlsx file is the output of sql query

For which deamon do i need to increase the log level? since I don't see any activity in log files, I dont know which deamon causes this error

BR 

Utku

• 10.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 06:28 AM

Hi Utku,

I tried to upload your record to my environment and immediately the system threw an error saying invalid character encountered. I guess probably the description in the sent record has some invalid characters which is stopping the browser to render the page.

I can identify the invalid character but I assume there is one which is causing this issue. Update the description to simple text without special characters and check the behavior.

Hope this info helps.

• 11.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 06:58 AM

Hi Maheshwar

Actually there are some Turkish characters. I think those cause errors for your environment, right?

• 12.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 07:10 AM

Hi Utku,

Indeed I don't understand what are those characters, but all I did was tried to load the data (description) into my English system and it failed to work for me. May be that the Turkish characters are not recognized on my machine.

However, Try to extract the data using pdm_load command i.e.

pdm_extract -f "select * from Call_Req where ref_num ='<refnum>'" > faultyrecord.txt

Try to validate if you see any issue with the data, if not try to reload the data using the below command i.e.

pdm_load -f faultyrecord.txt

Check if you see any error message during the load command.

• 13.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 08:02 AM

I dont have any problemm while loading.

Please find attached screenshot at main post

• 14.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 07:08 AM

Now i tried to update summary and description with only a one char word "a", problem not resolved

• 15.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 07:18 AM

Ok, Have you checked if there are any relationship records are being deleted accidentally in this record?

Enable the Developer tools (Hit F12 on your browser) and select the console tab, and load the Ticket to see if you identify any error messages in the console?

• 16.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 08:04 AM

I tried it before, nothing can be seen there until "delayed server response" error shows up

• 17.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 08:10 AM

we dont have permission to delete something from DB with SQL commands but i'll also check it now

• 18.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 08:20 AM

data checked, no problem for SREL fields

• 19.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 09:21 AM

Once i had the same issue. Can't remember for sure, but the problem was that one of the fields contained incorect data or dangling reference.

• 20.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi Utku,

Please also confirm the Service Desk version you are using, patches applied on Service Desk, as well as the language in use?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 21.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 01:55 AM

Hi Brian

It's 14.1.1

BR

Utku

• 22.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 06, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi Utku,

This is typically caused by the record itself being locked at the domsrvr level, OR a record which that ticket references is locked at the domsrvr level.  Do you have more than one server in your environment?  If so, does it occur to the same record when accessing it on ALL servers?  Or is it specific to one server?    The other thin you can do is run a command to see what is locked at the domsrvr level.  To do this follow these steps:

1. in a command window navigate to:
    D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\interp>

2. Run command: bop_cmd -d domsrvr -f bop_diag.frg "list_blocked()"

Look at the list to see when the object was locked - if it was more than a day ago, then thats most likely the one that is causing the issue.

You can attempt to unlock it.

To unlocked a record:
    bop_cmd -d <domsrvr> -f bop_diag.frg "unblock('<object_name>')"

The object name will be the value at the start of the row in the ones that return in the locked list.

You can give that a shot.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 23.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 01:55 AM

Hi John

I have a primary and a secondary server.

For both, there isn't any record seems locked regarding the output of the command

BR

Utku

• 24.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 11:31 AM

Utku, there is something in THAT ticket preventing its displaying...you can turn on the browser script debugging and see

if some script error and from there you investigate. Thanks _Chi

• 25.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 02:15 AM

Hi Chi,

Untill the "delayed server response" shows up, nothing can be seen in browser debugging. I've already tried it.

Thanks & BR

Utku

• 26.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 02:15 AM

By the way, I can update the ticket via Web Service with SoapUI

• 27.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 07, 2017 09:52 AM

I would suggest You to create simple incident form that contains only active attribute to make sure it is not related to data in the ticket.

• 28.  Re: ticket detail display problem

Posted Sep 13, 2017 05:58 AM

Dear all,

First of all, thank you for suggestions. As the last step, I've also tried the method of Gutis with a simpla detail form. But it also didn't work; so i decided to restart the service and after that i was able to see the ticket detail.

Best Regards

Utku