DX NetOps

• 1.  Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 06, 2017 09:07 AM

Hi All,

Looking for information and guidance regarding Spectrum monitoring for Microsoft Office 365 and related services.

Is anyone already using Spectrum to monitor Office 365? If yes, please let me know how to monitor it and requirements.

Regards,

Rajashekar

• 2.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 12:30 AM

Hi Rajasekhar,

You can do a process monitoring through spectrum if  you know the processes.

If you want to monitor @ service level then use Sysedge agent

HTH

Sunny

• 3.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 07, 2017 07:59 AM

Thank you Sunny for responding. My question is about the status of the services provided by Office 365.

Attached an example image for reference.

Regards,

Rajashekar

• 4.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:23 AM

Hello !

I would not recommend to do such a thing directly with Spectrum. Spectrum is a network fault management tool and here you're trying to monitor services... UIM would be far more adapted to that if you have the choice (and then, UIM can be integrated with Spectrum so you get the alarms at the same place).

That being said, you can either use a SystemEDGE agent (or any kind of agent, or even a scheduled task) to run a script of your own on a regular basis, connecting on that page to retrieve the information you need. If the script finds out everything is OK, you do nothing, and if there are problems you generate a trap and send it to Spectrum. If the trap is configured in your AlertMaps/EventDisp, that's done!

Last but not least, you can have a look at the Southbound Gateway to do such an integration...  Have fun!

• 5.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 07, 2017 11:48 AM

Thank you Chris for providing insights in to alternate methods. Really helpful.

• 6.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 08, 2017 07:41 AM

Chris,

If possible, let me know from where can I download the office 365 probe.

Regards,

Rajashekar

• 7.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 08, 2017 07:59 AM

You mean the probe for UIM?

You can access to the documentation of the probe here office365 (Office 365 Monitoring) Release Notes - Pre-release - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technol…  and the probe could be downloaded with valid credentials from the Nimsoft support website (if you don't have a valid login and a valid license, you need to open a support case to get credentials for that website) there: http://support.nimsoft.com/Default.aspx?center=felles/archive.

Keep in mind though that this is the first release of the office365 probe and it is still in pre-release Beta version.

• 8.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 08, 2017 08:18 AM

Thank you Chris. I have checked in support site http://support.nimsoft.com/Default.aspx?center=felles/archive and it is not listed in available probes list. Seems, we are not entitled for this.

Regards,

Rajashekar

• 9.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 08, 2017 08:31 AM

Have you checked in the BETA tab at the top of the page? Because by default it only presents stable versions and beta versions are in the second tab.

• 10.  Re: Monitoring Office 365 in Spectrum

Posted Sep 08, 2017 09:04 AM

Oops! missed to check that. I can see it now.

Thank you.