CA Service Management

• 1.  Dashboard Query issues on Service Catalog 14.1

Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:22 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Communities

We have issue when viewing a build Dashboard Query for our Catalog Users. It only works for High level access users like Service delivery Admin, Request manager and Catalog Users.

We not sure why it is doing this. We even rebuild the whole Dashboard Query and still doesn't display. Is there setting we missing that we missing for Catalog User to see it.

The Query is for Task By Request - You click On the Dashboard Query nothing happens and it's suppose to give Pop-up where you fill in the request nr. We did build it like the Existing Dashboard Queries we have and they work fine.

I attached a screenshot of a Query and what it's suppose do. These work on Catalog User.

regard

Edgar Louw

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Dashboard Query issues on Service Catalog 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:35 AM

Good Morning/Afternoon Edgar.

As from the attached screenshot, did you hit the OK-button on the 'input field selection' popup?

On my local server, after I hit the ok (enter some text first when you like/need), the dataview result appears.

PS. Create Data Object>Data View>Publish DataView to Dashboard Library.

Kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: Dashboard Query issues on Service Catalog 14.1

Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:39 AM

Hi Louis

We do not even get the pop-up it's just blank. This only happens when your role Is Catalog user, No matter the Business unit/tenant.

And the second part you supplied, we did that also. The screenshot is what it's suppose to do. It's not doing that we get blank screen and it doesn't even call the pop up or the dashboard like in the screenshot.

But as soon as my Role change to Service Delivery admin or Request manager or Catalog admin which is elevated access. The query does load and pop up appears.

Regards

Edgar Louw

• 4.  Re: Dashboard Query issues on Service Catalog 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Edgar.

I am confused. The screenshot shows the popup for the 'selection', right?

Or am I seeing something different than you?

:-)

Kind regards, Louis.

• 5.  Re: Dashboard Query issues on Service Catalog 14.1

Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:46 AM

I changes my reply check again. Then you fill in the nr and click okay in the pop up. and comes back with data in the elevated roles not catalog role.

• 6.  Re: Dashboard Query issues on Service Catalog 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:48 AM

Hi Edgar.

When I login as 'catuser01' with 'catalog user' role and click on 'dashboards' at the top-right-corner, the dashboard appears with the 'selection-popup'. And when I then click OK (with or without entering search data) the dataview appears.

Kind regards, Louis.

• 7.  Re: Dashboard Query issues on Service Catalog 14.1
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi Louis

I understand but I guessing to talking about the out the box Dashboard we build extra dashboards. Our own ones.

But it seems My two colleagues here found issue in the ACL list.

Thank for you help. Someone changed the setting.

Sorry Louis and again thanks for the help really.