Symantec IGA

• 1.  Sequence tab controller in CA Identity Manager

Posted Sep 07, 2017 07:41 AM

I have a custom task which presents a user two options and based on which option the user selects, the related tab is made active and the other is hidden, however when the user submits the task, all fields which are on all tabs gets submitted which is NOT whats needed.

We need that only the fields on the active tab should be submitted ahead.

Any ideas?

I have tried disabling hiding the fields on the inactive tab but that didnt help

• 2.  Re: Sequence tab controller in CA Identity Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 03:41 PM

What type of Tab Handler are you using?

I have a solution on 12.6.8 ver Env and it works great using Wizard Tab Controller.

In our solution we do decide on which tabs to show\hide(enable\disable) at the beginning of the task.

You  might be able to solve this using Rhino and the getTaskTabHandlers function, try going over the vector and disable\enable the tabs according to user selection

• 3.  Re: Sequence tab controller in CA Identity Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2017 05:59 AM

Please also explore the LazyTabController option which works at Admin Task level. This may help to only enable those tabs which are required.

Regards,

Sumeet

• 4.  Re: Sequence tab controller in CA Identity Manager

Posted Sep 12, 2017 07:39 AM

Hiding or disabling a tab does not stop IM to send a error message that the mandatoy attributes on that tab needs to be filled when you click on Submit button. Which also measn that all those attributes on the hidden/disabled tab will also be submitted.