Clarity

• 1.  Add Project Query Field to one custom portlet

Posted Sep 08, 2017 11:30 AM
      |   view attached

I need to  add the field "Project" with lookup in a one Portlet but I only found the "Name" field.

How can I do to add the field that I need

• 2.  Re: Add Project Query Field to one custom portlet

Posted Sep 08, 2017 12:05 PM

If this is a query (NSQL) based portlet then you need to associate a lookup with the query attribute (it would be more usual to have a lookup associated with the project id attribute in the query though).

If this is a object based portlet then the "project id" field might already have the correct lookup associated with it - try that.

Tell us a little more about the portlet though and we could be more helpful.

• 3.  Re: Add Project Query Field to one custom portlet
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2017 05:09 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/241783772-1-173917/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202017-09-08%20a%20la(s)%2012.29.00.png

Looks like your portlet is based on the project object.

If that is the case the Name, Project Code and Investment ID are all string fields and the options you have for them are Text and Exact text and you don't seem to be able associate a lookup with them like you can in an NSQL based portlet or like what you have in the project list filter.

• 4.  Re: Add Project Query Field to one custom portlet

Posted Sep 11, 2017 10:53 AM

Thank you so much for you answer . How can I do to configurate a NSQL based portlet. THere are a way ?

• 5.  Re: Add Project Query Field to one custom portlet

Posted Sep 11, 2017 04:11 PM

If you have to go that way (I do not know any other way) first you need to create a NSQL query to get the fields you need.

Something like

where you have the investment id which you need for the filter. Then go to the query attributes

Double click the ID field (I've relabeled it u_id)

Change the Extended Data Type to Lookup - Numeric and select the lookup Project browse.

Include the u_id in the filter of the query based portlet layout and open the filter field properties.

Re-label the field as you like eg. Project or Project Name

Then that field should look like this

When you browse the filter (click the binoculars) you see what is defined for the lookup.

That is the label Select Projects  the displayed fields and the filter filter fields

If that is not good for you you should manually create a copy of the lookup and modify what you need as the Project Browse is a system restricted lookup and used also elsewhere and therefore should not be modified.

The filter field properties was set to single select so only one value can be selected. Once you have made your selection click Add and in the portlet Filter.