Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  When do rotated passwords get verified?

Posted Sep 08, 2017 01:49 PM

We have recently installed CAPAM to rotate expired passwords, manage accounts, etc. CAPAM's password expiration has been set to 30 days and yesterday was the first password rotation for many bulk imported hosts/passwords. This morning the Dashboard Summary is showing that some of those rotated passwords have not been verified. How long does this take?  

Account details look like this example (today's date is 9/8):

So it appears that the password was created on 9/7, then verified on 9/7 and shows up as not verified? I can manually verify the password from the Account Details section without issue.  Is this a bug?

Also, is the charting system section broken or do I need to install/enable something?

I am using the Xsuite native browser:

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: When do rotated passwords get verified?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 05:34 PM

To enable charts:  Manage Passwords - Settings - UI Settings - Default Preferences - Enable Charts.

While you are there, check Settings - General Settings - Automatically Update Expired Passwords (default is unchecked)

If you are automatically updating expired passwords, and it looks like it got updated Sept 7, but failed to verify.  (Verification takes place immediately after update as part of the password update process), please open a support case and include the tomcat logs from that day.

Regards,

Margaret