Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Combine 2 web services into one WSDL 

Posted Sep 11, 2017 05:20 AM

Hi,

I'm doing a PoC for a customer recently. Everything goes well but there's one requirement really confused me.

Besides normal WSDL configuration, I have been asked for combine 2 existing web services into one WSDL. So customer's clients can do transactions through only one WSDL. 

I  have no idea why they need this function and how to configure it on gateway.

Is it possible to fulfill customer's requirement by APIM gateway?

Is there any hint or reference I can learn from it?

Thanks. 

• 2.  Re: Combine 2 web services into one WSDL 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2017 08:32 AM

Hi,

I think your best bet is to find out why they need this or the specifications/use case.

I have seen where people have combined 2 wsdls into 1. But it takes a lot of time effort and WSDL knowledge. We dont have any specific reference on WSDL creation.

I have also seen that dependent upon usecase where using possibly the, 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-1/en/publish-services-and-configure-policies/tasks-manage-menu-publish-services-and-apis/wsdl-query-handler-service

The wsdl Query Handler Service fit some other similar requests needs and thus did not require the work and effort of combining the WSDLs. Is it possible to get the exact requirement and the why its needed or how its planned on being used to fill in the blanks? 

Thanks.

• 3.  Re: Combine 2 web services into one WSDL 

Posted Sep 12, 2017 11:37 AM

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your information.

I have asked my customer about the reason for this requirement. My customer told me that one of their important partners ask for this function.

My customer currently provides 2 web services to this important partner but this partner hopes to use only one single web service instead.

I know it sounds weird.... so I post this requirement here and hope to hear any experience or hint.

I'll get back soon if I can get more detail of this requirement