Endevor

Expand all | Collapse all

"Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

• 1.  "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Posted Sep 12, 2017 03:53 AM

Very confused about the functionality.

In our map ENV F is below ENV Y. In both SYSTEMS I have set:
    DUP PROC O/P TYP:     Y (Y/N)  ACROSS SBS:   Y (Y/N)  MSG LVL:    E (W/C/E)

For types DCL3 and COPY3 the ProcGrp says (in both environments):

PROCESSOR O/P TYPE:     COPY3   *NOPROC*

After creation of Elem TEST Type COPY3 in Y

I cannot create Elem TEST Type DCL3 in Y, but I can create it in F !?

Trying the simular for another element type it does fail when the element exists in the map.

• 2.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2017 03:53 PM

elmo:

I would also expect to have the add be stopped in ENV F for the duplicate named element.  Can you confirm that both systems has the same definitions in both environments/stages ? Are you adding the new element in the same system that it resides in ENV Y or is it a different system ?    

regards,

Craig

• 3.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Posted Sep 13, 2017 02:55 AM

Hi Craig
    Except thatenv  F has MSG LVL C (vs E in env Y) the environments are defined the same (they are in the same system). Testing this I found that I get different results; adding to the same env can cause a CHK ERROR or NOT - that's where my confusion starts. For all other  element types the check seems to work (looking in the map). Could it be because the types in question (DCL3 and COPY3) do not have a dedicated processor (uses *NOPROC*) ?

• 4.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 02:06 PM

elo.simonsen:

Having MSG LVL C will allow the duplicate element to get created with only caution message. The E level will completely prevent the add. That may account for some of the actions you noted. It only makes sense to have them all the same.

Craig Fontaine

• 5.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Posted Sep 14, 2017 03:00 AM

Neither way I don't get any CAUTION nor ERROR. Also between enevironments where the msg lvl is E at both places.
    And you must have one environment that allows a duplicate, otherwise you are not able to change subsystem on an element.

• 6.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:36 PM

elo.simonsen :

Since you are specifying across subsystems, you should be getting either E or C level messages, regardless of the subsystem. Since you are not seeing either, there appears to be something wrong. It may be worth opening a support case at this point. It will take more time to review your setup and the results you are seeing.

regards,

Craig Fontaine

• 7.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Posted Sep 14, 2017 02:22 PM

If both of your types have the same Proc. O/P Type    "PROCESSOR O/P TYPE:     COPY3   *NOPROC*"

try removing the Proc. O/P Type completely from one of the types and save it.  Then do a copy/paste from the other type into the one that's blank.  Do this in all stages.  If I remember correctly when I first set this up at our site I ran into a similar problem.  It ended up being a blank character and seemed to only happen with *NOPROC* processor groups.   I decided to code without the *NOPROC*.  Example:  PROCESSOR O/P TYPE:     COPY

• 8.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Posted Sep 15, 2017 04:59 AM

Thanks Debbie. I tried your suggestion, but without succes :-(

• 9.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Posted Sep 14, 2017 08:09 PM

Duplicate blocking, by default, only works within a particular system.  If you are trying to block duplicates in subsystems defined to more than one system then that will not work unless you turn on cross system duplicate blocking in the options table.

• 10.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Posted Sep 15, 2017 05:18 AM

The subsystems used does only exists in one system. but I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

• 11.  Re: "Duplicate proc o/p type check" when I enable this I get ELM Registartion ERROR at the same target. But I get different result if the elements exists upwards in the MAP. Is this check supposed to look in the MAP ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 10:57 AM

elo.simonsen :

You may need to define the some subsystems under both systems. Do the current subsystems map to defined subsystems up the map ? If there is a mapping problem between stages, duplicate checking may not work as expected.

regards,

Craig Fontaine

p.s. I noticed you opened a support case.