AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can anyone explain completely about subprocess with any example.

Question asked by PreethiManoj on Sep 12, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 by PreethiManoj

Hi Team,

I am using subprocess to compare the two different excel files. I just want in-depth knowledge on it. Currently my step is doing comparison the first record of first excel file with first record of second excel file and also with all the balance records in second excel file. I am in need of "First record of first excel with first record of second excel", then "Second record of first excel with second record of second excel".... "nth record of first excel with nth record of second excel". Please guide me where i am wrong. Thanks much..

Main Step :

Step1 : I am using "OutputLogMessage" and connect with DataSet "Read Rows from ExcelFile1" to read records from Excel File. Then, i used filter to store property values.

Step2 : I am connecting step 1 with Subprocess Step. From Sub-process, i looped back to the data set. it should iterate from the Excel Sheet till the end of the records. Once reached the last record, it should come out of the loop.

Subprocess Step :

Step 1 : I am using "OutputLogMessage" and connect with DataSet "Read Rows from ExcelFile2" to read records from Excel File. Then, i used filter to store property values. Created assertion for validating the rowcount.

Step 2 : I am using "OutputLogMessage" and i used assertion for validating the property values which i stored in Step1 of MainStep and Step1 of Subprocess Step.It should iterate as per the row matches from Main and Subprocess step. 

It is doing iteration correctly and picking the values also correctly. But, i want to neglect the comparison of all the records from Second excel with single record of First excel in each iteration.

Thanks,

Preethi R

Outcomes