DX NetOps

• 1.  Spectrum Action Event Procedure (Action on Watch) ?

Posted Sep 12, 2017 03:50 AM

Hello Community 

I would like to deactivate a watch on Event base  (i.e. Watch 0xffff0085, Event 0xffff0003).

Below a piece of documentation. 3 parameters are expected  for this function.

Event Procedure Documentation

I tried these 2 Event Procedures without any succes.

No error in the log file.

What's wrong please ? 

Thank for your help.

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Action Event Procedure (Action on Watch) ?

Posted Sep 12, 2017 11:22 AM

I do not believe it is possible to run an update action to enable/disable a watch using an Event procedure.

The following is the syntax rule for the update action command:

update action=action_code [watch=watch_id] [mh=modelhandle] [index=index,[attr=attr_id],type=attr_desc_type,val=value ...]

Notice you need to specify the action code watch id and model handle. In the Event procedure, I do not believe you can specify the watch id. 

In the procedure, you specify the action code, model handle and some attribute values but there is nowhere to specify the watch id.

Joe

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Action Event Procedure (Action on Watch) ?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 13, 2017 03:19 PM

One way we may be able to accomplish what you are trying to do is with a CLI script. Is the 0xffff0003 event generated from a threshold SpectroWatch? If so, have the watch run a script and in the script, run the CLI commands to deactivate the watch.

If the 0xffff0003 event is not generated from a threshold SpectroWatch, you can use an event procedure to set the value of an attribute. Then, have a threshold SpectroWatch check the value of that attribute and if it equal to a specific value, run a script. In your case, the script could run the CLI commands to enable/disable the SpectroWatch and reset the value of the attribute.

Joe

• 4.  Re: Spectrum Action Event Procedure (Action on Watch) ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 06:44 PM

We also have another way by substituting 'CLI commands to enable/disable the SpectroWATCH' with Policy Manager policy.

Policy Manager - Add a SpectroWatch Setting 

So, the Event Procedure will set the attribute value to 'kick in/out' the model to/from Global Collections that are set with the Policy Manager policy.  Both 'Watch Activated' and 'Watch Deactivated' Global Collections will have search criteria set based on the attribute which value is set by the Event Procedure.

• 5.  Re: Spectrum Action Event Procedure (Action on Watch) ?

Posted Sep 18, 2017 10:01 AM

Thank You Joseph, you are smart !!! 

Widjaja_Sangtoki, Thank you, you are smart too 

Thank you, I'll manage with that.

Best Regards