IDMS

• 1.  Individual ptf

Posted Sep 13, 2017 08:46 AM

With this new layout I can't find how to look up an individual PTF.

If I do a search, it shows a documentation reference, but not the PTF itself.

I can list out all ptf's, but then I have to page thru them.  The filter does not seem to have to right options either.

Can someone help me navigate?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Individual ptf
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 09:10 AM

Hi Mike,

From the landing page in support.ca.com, select PRODUCT INFORMATION, type CA IDMS and select that product.

This takes you to the IDMS product page where you can then do searches with keywords or even a PTF number like RO97013.  then you can narrow by selecting only SOLUTIONs  and the solution will be in the list.

Select the solution you want and it comes up with description and download button.

• 3.  Re: Individual ptf

Posted Sep 13, 2017 09:20 AM

Thank you -  I was using the Search on the top bar, the search on the product page is what I want.

• 4.  Re: Individual ptf

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 09:25 AM

Mike,

We also saw that when the new site debuted.  I believe they are working on fixing that so the search bar on the landing page has access to solutions as well.

• 5.  Re: Individual ptf

Posted Sep 13, 2017 08:06 PM

Here’s a shortcut to download a fix. Use the link and change the apar number to the fix you want:
    https://support.ca.com/us/download-center/solution-detail.html?aparNo=RO97013&os=OS
    After you sign in to CA support.ca.com , from the Solution Document: RO97013, page down to the Solution Download section
    Under “Solution Downloads” , select  “Add to Cart”
    At the top bar section next to “My Account” there appears a “CART” icon showing 1 item. Click on that
    On the next screen, select checkout next to your email –id.
    It will show a zip file download request with status showing “In Progress”
    It will create a zip file with all dependency apars
    You will receive an email notification: Your CA FTP Download Cart Package (Order:12365640) is ready for downloading
    The download status now shows Ready. You can now download the zip file. My preferred download option is  HTTP VIA DLM. It may prompt you to install a download software if not already installed. Follow the prompt to install it