Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)

• 1.  REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)

Posted Sep 13, 2017 08:12 AM

Using DevTest 9.5. First iteration is fetching proper success response from REST service, (GET method using one key in the URL).

• 2.  Re: REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 09:21 AM

Please let us know which step you are using to trigger the request. Also if using REST step, please let us know if you are adding username and password fields while triggering or using a Authentication header parameter in the request. 

• 3.  Re: REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)

Posted Oct 09, 2017 02:56 AM

Hi Surya, yes I am adding username and password while triggering the REST request. Also am using authentication header parameter in the request.

I have appended vmoptions file with below line:

-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2

No certificate used.

Please let me know where I am wrong and suggest the resolution.

Sorry for delay in reply

• 4.  Re: REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)

Posted Sep 18, 2017 11:25 AM

Saumya,

Can you respond to Surya's last response?

• 5.  Re: REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)

Posted Sep 18, 2017 03:27 PM

Hi,

Where can we add the KEYSTORES? I could not see .Could you please guide me.

Thanks,

Santhosh

• 6.  Re: REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 05:49 PM

For REST steps, you have to specify the keystore information in the local.properties file:

## ==============================================
    ## Enable a client cert and password for SSL.
    ## (Used by HTTP Live Invocation Step and Raw SOAP Step Execution -
    ## also used by Web Service Step Execution if not overridden below)
    ## ssl.client.cert.path = a full path to the keystore
    ## ssl.client.cert.pass = password for the keystore (this password will be automatically encrypted when DevTest runs)
    ## ssl.client.key.pass = optional password for the key entry if using JKS keystore and key has a different password
    ## from keystore (this password is automatically encrypted when DevTest runs)
    ## ssl.client.alias = optional alias to use if the keystore has more than one certificate
    ## ==============================================
    #ssl.client.cert.path=
    #ssl.client.cert.pass=
    #ssl.client.key.pass=
    #ssl.client.alias=

Local Properties File - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps.

• 7.  Re: REST request is failing with internal server error in second iteration while running ITR, any idea why? (Have used authenticated username & password with SSL)

Posted Sep 21, 2017 06:32 PM

Just to add to Marcy's response, you will need to uncomment the properties below and specify a Java keystore path, password and alias with these 4 properties

ssl.client.cert.path=
       ssl.client.cert.pass=
       ssl.client.key.pass=
       ssl.client.alias=

Heloisa