CA Service Management

• 1.  additional information in survey

Posted Sep 13, 2017 10:35 AM

Hello All,

Can we add incident#, summary, open date etc while sending survey to the users.(version 14.1)

like it goes like:

Hi Name,

Please fill in the survey

(here we want to add incident#)

(summary)

(open date if incident)

Can anybody has any idea for the same?

please give suggestions

• 2.  Re: additional information in survey

Posted Sep 13, 2017 10:53 AM

Hi Nupur, 

Can you tell us if this is just a closure survey that goes out with the closure notification?  OR is this a managed survey?

For the standard survey that goes out with a closure notification you should be able to just add it as an attribute to the notification that goes out.  I dont think there is a way to add it to the survey itself.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: additional information in survey

Posted Sep 13, 2017 11:25 AM

Hi John,

Yes is when the incident is resolved and survey notification is sent to the users.

we want to add it in to the closure survey.

please suggest

• 4.  Re: additional information in survey

Posted Sep 13, 2017 11:35 AM

Hi John, 

I have to add this where my red line is

under survey template, or is there any other way we can add

survey sceenshot

• 5.  Re: additional information in survey

Posted Sep 13, 2017 02:06 PM

Hi Nupur, 

I just tested this in house and attempted to put the variable placeholder for the ticket number into the introduction text field on the survey template, but unfortunately it doesnt fill it with the value as I had hoped - it just prints the variable placeholder to the screen.  So for this one unfortunately what you are looking to do cannot be done.  This would need to be posted here in the community as an "idea" which folks can vote for and then product management can review for possible inclusion in a future version of the product.

Sorry I cant give you the answer you had hoped for

Regards,

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: additional information in survey
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2017 04:43 AM

HI Nupur, John,

In SDM sky is the limit isn't

Below is an example of how to accomplish this with a simple pdm_list to retrieve the necessary info. You will of course need to modify it to your own needs.

You will have to apply your change in the do_svy.htmpl file and put it in your site/ mods folder for the corresponding form group.

you may for sure want to modify the color as this was fro a specific client scheme.

Part 1 goes before the </HEAD> tag

Part 2 go right before the <span class="requiredlabeltext" style="font-size:1.0em;">  tag

<pdm_if 0>PART 1 added by JMAYER to display extra info from the ticket</pdm_if>
    <script>

if ("$ext_args.CNTXT_PERSID" != ""){
    var ztype = new Array();
    var zref_num = new Array();
    var zsummary = new Array();
    var zdescription = new Array();
    var zopendate = new Array();
    var zresolvedate = new Array();
    var zresolvebygroup = new Array();
    var zsolution = new Array();
    var zresolveby = new Array();

<PDM_LIST ESC_STYLE=JS2 prefix=listzcr factory=cr where="persistent_id = '$ext_args.CNTXT_PERSID'">
    ztype[ztype.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.type.sym');
    zref_num[zref_num.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.ref_num');
    zsummary[zsummary.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.summary');
    zdescription[zdescription.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.description');
    zopendate[zopendate.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.open_date_INT_DATE');
    zresolvedate[zresolvedate.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.resolve_date_INT_DATE');
    zresolvebygroup[zresolvebygroup.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.z_resolve_group.last_name');

zsolution[zsolution.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.z_solution');
    zresolveby[zresolveby.length] = decodeURIComponent('$listzcr.z_resolve_agent.combo_name');
    </PDM_LIST>
    }
    zopendateUTC= new Date(parseInt(zopendate[0])*1000);
    zresolvedateUTC= new Date(parseInt(zresolvedate[0])*1000);
    </script>

##################################

<pdm_if 0>PART 1 end of add</pdm_if>

<pdm_if 0>PART 2 added by JMAYER to display extra info from the ticket</pdm_if>

<pdm_if "$ext_args.CNTXT_PERSID" != "">
    <table>
     <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>Service Request:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zref_num[0]);</script></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>Request Summary:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zsummary[0]);</script></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>Request Description:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zdescription[0].substring(0,200));</script></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>Received on:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zopendateUTC.toUTCString().replace("UTC","GMT"));</script></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#F58223'>Closed </font><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>on:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zresolvedateUTC.toUTCString().replace("UTC","GMT"));</script></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#F58223'>Closed </font><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>by team:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zresolvebygroup[0]);</script></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#F58223'>Closed </font><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>by person:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zresolveby[0]);</script></td>
     </tr>
     <pdm_if 0> <tr>
      <td><font style='font-weight:bold;color:#77AD1C'>Solution:</font></td>
      <td><script>document.write(zsolution[0]);</script></td>
     </tr> </pdm_if>
    </table>
    <p>

<pdm_if 0>PART 2 end of add</pdm_if>

and the result:

Usual warning: Customization provided as a courtesy with no support from CA.

Hope this help.

/J

• 7.  Re: additional information in survey

Posted Sep 16, 2017 10:05 AM

Thankx Paul 

for your valuable help, I will try same and test