CA Service Management

• 1.  Auto close not working when End User's tenant is different

Posted Sep 13, 2017 02:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm having a issue regarding auto close setting when the tenant of end user is different from the tenant of the ticket and the auto close rule. The problem is, the auto close is not being 'fired' on solved status. The activity log is not even being generated.

To me more clear, let me explain all the situation. In our environment, we have the tenant 'X' (which is the service provider). The auto close was set for tenant 'Y' (being Y a child of X). The ticket was opened with tenant Y, using a category with tenant Y. The only thing is that the end user (and the requester) is from tenant X. In this situation, the auto close timer for tenant Y is not being triggered. I'm aware that auto close uses workshift from end user or requester, but none of them has a workshift. Shouldn't be used the 'regular' workshift?

We've already tested when both the end user/requester and the ticket have the same tenant, and the rule was successfully attached to the ticket.

Is this working as designed or there's some kind of error/incompatibility? Note that there are no errors regarding this in stdlog. And we don't wish to use a default auto close setting or an auto close setting for tenant X because we will have another child tenants which will be using different times for closing tickets.

Note: Service Desk Manager is 17.0 (it's a fresh install).

Regards,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: Auto close not working when End User's tenant is different

Posted Sep 14, 2017 04:14 AM

HI,

Trying to understand your case and process here .

Do the X tenant is your service provider tenant?

What is the business case that the affected end user create or are listed  in Y ticket if they are from X tenant as this is normaly the other way around?

In all my multi tenant setup AEU are always limited to their own tenant when analyst may work on multiple.

/J

• 3.  Re: Auto close not working when End User's tenant is different

Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:13 AM

Hi jmayer,

The case is that Y is a customer, and X is a service provider for customer Y. Saying this, I realized it doesn't make sense the end user or requester being from X, it must be a contact with tenant Y. An analyst X will only open or treat tickets for end users in Y.

Thanks,

Diogo

• 4.  Re: Auto close not working when End User's tenant is different
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:25 AM

Hi everyone,

After doing some tests, I realized it doesn't make sense the end user or requester being from X, it must be a contact with tenant Y (even if the ticket is opened by a analyst from X).

When I opened a ticket with tenant Y, using a contact from Y as affected end user, the auto close setting was triggered successfully, even being a ticket opened by an analyst from tenant X. So, problem solved.

The only issue I noticed is a lack of documentation regarding this specific scenario (when you have a end user with a different tenant from the ticket and the auto close setting). As a suggestion, this could be turned into a Tecdoc, since it's a real possibility which is not being further explained.

Thanks,

Diogo

• 5.  Re: Auto close not working when End User's tenant is different

Posted Nov 30, 2017 11:41 PM

Hi Diogo,

I am facing same issue but not getting your solution remark.Please elaborate so it will help me to address issue in our organization.

Jayesh

• 6.  Re: Auto close not working when End User's tenant is different

Posted Dec 04, 2017 01:37 PM

Hi lucky,

This Auto Close setting is really a bit tricky in a multi-tenancy environment, and because of this it can be hard to explain.

But the only thing you need to pay attention is that the tenant of the Affected End User/Requester must be the same of the tenant of Auto Close setting.

This happens because Auto Close setting looks after the workshift of Affected End User/Requester to calculate the "End User Business Hours". As you can see in the links below.

Which Workshift is used by the Auto Close functionality? 

What does the Auto Close feature base the hours setting on? 

Auto-Close rules run off Affected End User Tenant  (take a look on the attachment of this one)

Hope this helps,

Diogo

• 7.  Re: Auto close not working when End User's tenant is different

Posted Feb 25, 2019 03:00 PM

Thanks for helping me with your answer!

This made my day "... the only thing you need to pay attention is that the tenant of the Affected End User/Requester must be the same of the tenant of Auto Close setting."

Regards!