CA Service Management

• 1.  Update Service Desk Ticket fields Programmatically using webservices

Posted Sep 14, 2017 08:28 AM

Hi All,

I have used the webservices method - createRequest() to successfully create a Service Request. 

I wanted to know which webservice method should I use to update the fields of the new service request created. I am specifically looking to update the Status dropdown.

So far I have tried changeStatus(), updateObject() and attachChangeToRequest() unsucessfully. Also, please note I can't install SoapUI as of now on my development machine , so is there any workarounds or documentation to refer to achieve this 

• 2.  Re: Update Service Desk Ticket fields Programmatically using webservices
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:14 AM

Please close this , I was able to update the request with  service.updateObject(updateReq); , I removed the extra log_agent parameter passed in the array

• 3.  Re: Update Service Desk Ticket fields Programmatically using webservices

Posted Sep 26, 2017 09:44 AM

Can you share the script you were able use to update the request?

• 4.  Re: Update Service Desk Ticket fields Programmatically using webservices

Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:35 AM

What is the error you're receiving when trying to update the status ?

• 5.  Re: Update Service Desk Ticket fields Programmatically using webservices

Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:37 AM

I got it working now.

I have used the updateObject() and removed the log_agent parameter from the attrVals[]

Best Regards,

Abhay