Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we merge two VS having different formats?The first VSI is abased on REST protocol and second on Json.Individually ,both are working fine but as a whole,JSON call fails after they are clubbed

• 1.  Can we merge two VS having different formats?The first VSI is abased on REST protocol and second on Json.Individually ,both are working fine but as a whole,JSON call fails after they are clubbed

Posted Sep 14, 2017 03:47 PM

Can we merge two VS having different formats?The first VSI is abased on REST protocol and second on Json.Individually ,both are working fine but as a whole,JSON call fails after they are clubbed

• 2.  Re: Can we merge two VS having different formats?The first VSI is abased on REST protocol and second on Json.Individually ,both are working fine but as a whole,JSON call fails after they are clubbed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:07 PM

Here's the catch when merging VSIs: Both *must* have been recorded using the exact same data protocol handlers.  This is because the same handlers must be used for both recording and playback.  I suspect this might be your issue.  If not, please let me know and we can explore other things.

--Mike

• 3.  Re: Can we merge two VS having different formats?The first VSI is abased on REST protocol and second on Json.Individually ,both are working fine but as a whole,JSON call fails after they are clubbed

Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:16 PM

Thanks Mike.Yes,you are correct.I found a different wayout to merge them.I had to recreate a VS from rr pairs with all the request data protocol added.then I merged the second VSI.It worked. I was wondering if we could modify or atleast more request or response side data protocol after VS is deployed.

• 4.  Re: Can we merge two VS having different formats?The first VSI is abased on REST protocol and second on Json.Individually ,both are working fine but as a whole,JSON call fails after they are clubbed
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:56 PM

Abhishek,

You can add request or response data protocols handler (DPH) after the Virtual Service Model is created, but not after the VSM is deployed to the VSE.

To add a request DPH after the VS is created, you need to go the Listener step, select Filters, select the plus icon , select the Virtual Service Environment option and Data Protocol Filter. You will have access to all the DPHs available during the recording process.

When adding the DPH during the VS creation, you will be able to see the request information and edit accordingly, if needed. If you add the DPH after the VS is already created, you won't be able to see the request or response details.

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: Can we merge two VS having different formats?The first VSI is abased on REST protocol and second on Json.Individually ,both are working fine but as a whole,JSON call fails after they are clubbed

Posted Sep 15, 2017 11:25 AM

Hi Heloisa,

Thanks for the help.I was looking to add REST Data Protocol filer to an existing VSI which was created using .JSON filter.However,I was not able to find that in the filters available.My intention is to merge .JSON and REST VSI which are created indepenently