CA Service Management

• 1.  Add an existing column to another table

Posted Sep 15, 2017 04:52 AM

Dears,

I'm trying to add the phone number to incident form where the Service desk analyst can add the phone number of the customer.

how can we add an existing column to another table. I'm trying to add phone_number to table cr(request).

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Add an existing column to another table

Posted Sep 15, 2017 07:30 AM

Hani, 

When you say "customer" is that the contact that isnset as the affected end user?   And is it that you want the analyst to be able to type a phone number in manually?  Or are you looking to display the phone number that is already on the contact record for the affected end user on the ticket?

Let us know.

Jon

• 3.  Re: Add an existing column to another table

Posted Sep 15, 2017 09:28 AM

Hi Jon,

The customer is the affected end user. I want the analyst to be able to type the phone number once the customer call the service desk or the customer will fill his number when he raise an incident through USS and it will be populated to the incident form.

Thank you

• 4.  Re: Add an existing column to another table

Posted Sep 15, 2017 10:44 AM

Hi Hani,

So as Maheshwar advised earlier, you can add that piece of code to the detail form for incidents, however it will NOT allow them to update the field.  That would need to be done on the contact record itself for the end user, but cannot be done through the incident form.   ONe thing you can do is use that code to display the current phone number for that affected end user contact, and then if needed you can create an alternate field on the incdient object to store an "alternate phone number" which you can have the analyst fill in upon creating the incident or working with the end user.  But unfortunately there is not going to be a way to have USS show the affected end user's phone number and allow them to update it.  End users also dont have rights to update contact records, so even through SDM that would not work.

Jon

• 5.  Re: Add an existing column to another table

Posted Sep 16, 2017 06:33 AM

Hi Jon,

I will use that code to display the current phone number for that affected end user contact, and then I'll create an alternate field on the incident object to store an "alternate phone number" where the analyst fill in upon creating the incident or working with the end user.

Thank you for your support.

• 6.  Re: Add an existing column to another table
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 08:34 AM

Hi Hani,

You can add this below piece of code in your detail_in.htmpl file.

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="Contact Number#" attr=customer.phone_number>

Note: This is just a read-only field.

You wont be able to update this field and even if you manage to create a new column and update the value of the customer phone, you cannot directly update from incident detail page.

You might want to consider some Spell code / triggers that would take care of this update in ca_contact table.

• 7.  Re: Add an existing column to another table

Posted Sep 16, 2017 06:34 AM

HI Meaheshwar,

I will use your code display the current phone number for that affected end user contact.

Thank you for support