Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Kanban board to view by rest of the team

• 1.  Kanban board to view by rest of the team

Posted Sep 15, 2017 10:50 AM

I have created a Kanban board but it is only visible for me? how do I share it with other team members.?

• 2.  Re: Kanban board to view by rest of the team
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 12:24 PM

Hello Vittal,

I have included the following link that explains how to share the page with other team members

Create Custom Pages | CA Agile Central Help 

Share A Custom Page

As a subscription, workspace, or project admin, you can create a custom page and share it with other users. When a custom page is shared, all users in selected projects will see the page available in their menus.

When creating or editing a custom page, select either the Share with all projects checkbox, or one or more projects in the Share with selected projects field in the custom page editor window to enable sharing of the page. Only admins will see this option.

User Features

Users of a shared custom page can:

• View, edit, and interact with data displayed in each app
    • View the settings of apps
    • Copy the shared page as a private page
    • Re-size, move, and sort app columns

Note:

• Data displayed in a shared custom page is dependent on the user permissions you have been assigned for the workspace.
    • Column size, position, and sort order changes made by users are not stored in the custom page. Leaving the page will reset the columns in each app to their original positions.

Admin Features

Administrators of a shared custom page can:

• Change the column layout of the apps
    • Change the position of the apps
    • Add or delete apps
    • Change the settings of the apps
    • Share and unshare the page

Note: As an administrator, any and all changes that you make to a shared custom page will affect end users viewing that page. This includes even subtle changes like changing the sort order on a custom grid app. Please make changes with caution to avoid user disruption.

If you already created the page you will need to do the following to share it with other team members. Please be aware that only subscription, workspace and project administrators will be able to share the page.

Go the tab where the Kanban board is located.  Plan, Track, Quality, etc.

Once on the page you will see a pencil and a plus icon. Choose the pencil icon to edit the Kanban board.

Select the gear icon next to the Kanban board and choose edit.  You will then be able to select the projects that you want to share the board with.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Christian 

• 3.  Re: Kanban board to view by rest of the team

Posted Sep 19, 2017 09:09 AM

Thank You Christian.