DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UIM Discovery Server is not accepting Cisco Catalyst 2960

Posted Sep 18, 2017 07:20 AM

Hello,

I have a UIM 8.51 and an SNMP Collector 3.41 installed in separate serves. We discovered various kinds of Cisco models including Catalyst 6***.

The case here is when discovering the 2960 switches from the UMP, it doesn’t return anything. And when adding a profile from SNMP Collector it is added successfully. Thus, the issue from the discovery server as I understand.

Any advice?

• 2.  Re: UIM Discovery Server is not accepting Cisco Catalyst 2960

Posted Sep 18, 2017 07:41 PM
     when adding a profile from SNMP Collector it is added successfully

After adding the profile in snmpcollector manually , do you see any data collected for the 2960 switch?

When you run the discovery using the discovery wizard in UMP , does the discovery agent probe selected located on the same server as where snmpcolector is installed?

Did you verify if the 2960 switch is configured to accept the snmp requests from the IP of the snmpcollector /discovery agent server?

Verify the snmp community string used for discovery 

• 3.  Re: UIM Discovery Server is not accepting Cisco Catalyst 2960

Posted Sep 20, 2017 06:42 AM

Hello Phani,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes I can see the device on the USM when adding its profile from the SNMP collector. 

And yes the discovery agent is installed in the same server with the snmp collector. and we discovered other devices.

And regarding the device, it accepts the SNMP v2c and v3 perfectly when using 3rd party tool from the snmp collector server.

So I think the problem is only when discovering from USM.

• 4.  Re: UIM Discovery Server is not accepting Cisco Catalyst 2960

Posted Sep 19, 2017 08:51 PM

Maybe the following KB help,

snmpcollector MAX_BATCH setting

Document ID: TEC1024587

snmpcollector MAX_BATCH setting 

Currently for CISCO devices the CPU, Memory, Interfaces and reachability monitoring are now monitor.
    I have to add new key:
    - MAX_BATCH with the value 3

After that, In SNMPcollector probe GUI, "Force Component Rediscovery" against the Device. 

• 5.  Re: UIM Discovery Server is not accepting Cisco Catalyst 2960

Posted Sep 20, 2017 06:46 AM

Hello,

Thank you.

I did set it to (1) before. and it i (1) now.

Regards