CA Service Management

• 1.  How can I have the Self-Service from in Service Desk autofill certain forms in the Analyst's form?

Posted Sep 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Out of the box, the Service Desk Manager's Self-Service form will take the user accessing the site and display them as the 'Reported by' user.  This information is then used to fill in the 'Log agent' and 'Affected End User' on the Analyst's request/incident form.  Among other adjustments, I would like this information to instead populate the 'Log Agent' and 'Requested By' fields so we can then insert a field for 'Affected End User' and a supervisor may request certain things for another user.  How can I accomplish this? 

• 2.  Re: How can I have the Self-Service from in Service Desk autofill certain forms in the Analyst's form?

Posted Sep 18, 2017 04:24 PM

Hi Richard,

For the use case you brought up, which is having a manager or supervisor request things on behalf of another end user, the Reported By field is used for just that - its used to specify the user that is reporting the request on behalf of the affected end user.  Now I am not sure what you mean by "insert a field for Affected End User" - can you clarify where you want to insert that field?  It already exists on the analyst forms - so I am not sure what you are referring to specifically here.   

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How can I have the Self-Service from in Service Desk autofill certain forms in the Analyst's form?

Posted Sep 18, 2017 05:21 PM

Hey Jon,

Hopefully this will help.  In the attached Employee form you can see that the 'Reported by' is auto filled with the user's combo name.  When this request is saved the combo name is entered in the 'Affected end user' field as can be seen in the Analyst request form attached below.  I would rather have this information populate the 'Requester' field and then we could create a separate box on the employee's form to stipulate who the request is for.

• 4.  Re: How can I have the Self-Service from in Service Desk autofill certain forms in the Analyst's form?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2017 04:45 AM

Hi Richard,

This can easily be done with a 'Default' data-partition.

See: Data Partitions - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: How can I have the Self-Service from in Service Desk autofill certain forms in the Analyst's form?

Posted Sep 19, 2017 08:23 AM

Hi Richard,

As Brian mentioned, you can do this via a "default" data partition constraint which you can set the Requester field to be "@root.id" which is the attribute for the "logged in user" who is creating the ticket at the time.  Then you can add the affected end user field to the employee form, and allow them to set it based on who they are creating the request for.  However, I am not sure if the "employee" role would be able to see and select other contacts unless you give them specific function access to do so.  You would have to test this all out of course.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: How can I have the Self-Service from in Service Desk autofill certain forms in the Analyst's form?

Posted Sep 19, 2017 01:52 PM

Jon,

We are trying to get the Requester field to fill with information as it is required for the 'open' status.  As it stands, users with the 'employee' role are unable to submit tickets at this time.  We would prefer that the person who is creating the request be able to populate that field.

We have tried to add the Requester field to the form and are receiving an HTMPL error.

• 7.  Re: How can I have the Self-Service from in Service Desk autofill certain forms in the Analyst's form?

Posted Sep 19, 2017 01:58 PM

It appears that there are macros in the source code of the Employee detail_cr.htmpl form and it looks as if they push the log_agent information to the Request when created. We got the Requestor Field in the Employee detail_cr.htmpl form to work with lookup, and as Richard stated, but would like to have Affected End User be the lookup (but don't even see it as a field on the Employee form) and have the Requester field be auto-fill with the log_agent but changeable via dropdown. Other options we considered, if there is a way, to prevent Requested_by from being required for just Employees (although don't see attr_control as an option for the tables we can do partitions from) or, if possible, create a default status for just Self-Service tickets (don't know where or how these are assigned to Open status when submitted).