Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to create SAML token using SOAP web service and how to validate the SAML token using  Built RST soap assertion? Please tell me with an example.

• 1.  How to create SAML token using SOAP web service and how to validate the SAML token using  Built RST soap assertion? Please tell me with an example.

Posted Sep 18, 2017 09:11 AM

1) How to create SAML token using SOAP web service.

2)How to validate the SAML response token using Built RST soap Assertion.

• 2.  Re: How to create SAML token using SOAP web service and how to validate the SAML token using  Built RST soap assertion? Please tell me with an example.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2017 01:45 PM

Syed,

To create a SAML Token you would use the assertion outlined in your policy which is the create SAML Token which changes names in the policy based on the type and what actions you are doing against the token. To inject it into the SOAP message can either do it manually using a XSLT or setting the values on the Digital Signature page of the wizard.

For validating the SAML token, the Build RST SOAP Assertion is not designed to validate only build the RST. You would need to use the Require SAML Token Profile for SOAP or (Non-SOAP) Validate SAML Token to validate a SAML token.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: How to create SAML token using SOAP web service and how to validate the SAML token using  Built RST soap assertion? Please tell me with an example.

Posted Sep 25, 2017 04:55 AM

Thanks Stephen

• 4.  Re: How to create SAML token using SOAP web service and how to validate the SAML token using  Built RST soap assertion? Please tell me with an example.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2017 11:32 AM

Most welcome. Does the response answer your questions? If so please if you would note that this question was answered.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support