AnsweredAssumed Answered

IntroscopeEPA.properties use of Environment Variables 10.5.2

Question asked by bwcole on Sep 18, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 by Hallett_German

We are installing 10.5.2 and currently working on the epagent.   In version 10.0, we had a very long discussion on how to defer the "introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT" with an environment variable.  

IntroscopeEPA.properties use of Environment Variables 

Now in version 10.5.2 sp1, this has changed

agentManager.url.1=localhost:5001

How do I control the enterprise manager the agent connects to with an environment variable?

In 10.0, with the EPACtrl.sh I had

#Determine which MOM to use
      if [ -f "/syshome/wilyapm/config/caapm.conf" ]; then

#caapm.conf contains [PROD | NON-PROD | TEST]

#load environment value
      . /syshome/wilyapm/config/caapm.conf;

if [ -z "$CAAPM_ENV" ]; then
      echo "{ERROR][EPACtrl.sh] CAAPM_MOM NOT set! Please configure the appropriate MOM in       /syshome/wilyapm/config/wilymom.conf"
      exit 1;
      fi

case "$CAAPM_ENV" in
      "PROD") CAAPM_MOM="<prod mom>"
      ;;
      "NON-PROD") CAAPM_MOM="<nonprod mom>"
      ;;
      "TEST") CAAPM_MOM="<test mom>"
      ;;
      *) # default - if value is unknown
      echo "[ERROR][EPACtrl.sh] CAAPM_ENV = $CAAPM_ENV. Value is unknown. Check the EPACtrl.sh file."
      exit 1
      ;;
      esac
      echo "[INFO][EPACtrl.sh] CAAPM_ENV = $CAAPM_ENV. CAAPM_MOM = $CAAPM_MOM";
      fi

# the command to start the EPAgent
      EpaCmd="java -Xms${MIN_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m -Xmx${MAX_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m -Dintroscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT=$CAAPM_MOM -cp lib/EPAgent.jar:lib/IntroscopeServices.jar:lib/Agent.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/epaMQMonitor.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/com.ibm.mq.pcf.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/com.ibm.mq.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/connector.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/com.ibm.mqjms.jar $agentconfig com.wily.introscope.api.IntroscopeEPAgent"
      #echo $EpaCmd

So with the change in the configuration in 10.5.2 to the "agentManager.url.1=localhost:5001" what do I need to change?

Outcomes