DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  "Timed out adding to outgoing message queue" errors

Posted Sep 19, 2017 06:29 AM

Hi - we've got a regular issue where the outgoing message queue limit is reached. We've set the config as per the KB article below but that hasnt helped yet. Collector is being disconnected from the MOM as a result. Not sure what the root cause is yet.

Question - is there a supportability metric available for this message queue so we can create an alert for this message queue? 

We are applying the latest available HF this weekend so hopefully that might help. If not we will open a support case.

This message is frequently seen in Collectors: "Timed out adding to outgoing message queue. Limit of reached." and on … 

• 2.  Re: "Timed out adding to outgoing message queue" errors

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 08:54 AM

Hi Dave,

I see HF#24 include a fix to a collectors disconnection issue, I suggest you to apply latest 10.5.1HF#35

Regarding the MessageQueueSize I don't think we have a supportabiltiy metric for this, maybe you just need to adjust the active client connection: transport.override.isengard.high.concurrency.pool.max.size, I am afraid, this is a tuning exercise you need to perform in your environment, the values are different for on each environment.

Try setting the values to outgoingMessageQueueSize=16000 and pool.min & max to 15, but if the problem persists, open a support case.

Capacity Planning and Server Deployment Options - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documen… 

Regards,

Sergio

• 3.  Re: "Timed out adding to outgoing message queue" errors

Posted Sep 19, 2017 09:02 AM

Hi Sergio, we are applying HF32 this weekend (the one in your last email to me).

I will also modify the message queue size and pool min/max.

If that doesnt work I will open a case.

I think it would be a good metric to make available in supportability if possible.