CA Service Management

• 1.  CA Service Management SQL Server Compatibility

Posted Sep 19, 2017 07:44 AM

We can install CA Service Management 14.1 in an SQL Server 2016?

If SQL Server 2016 is not compatible we can use SQL Server 2016 but use the CA Service Management 14.1 database in an SQL 2016 with compatibility mode activated?

• 2.  Re: CA Service Management SQL Server Compatibility
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 07:57 AM

Good Afternoon Paulo.

May I ask you to check the below link:

Supportability Matrix - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Database
    The following databases are certified on both 32-bit and 64-bit.
    For more information about remote Oracle 11g R2 MDB database installation on HP-UX 11i (PA-RISC) for CA Service Desk Manager, download the package from CA Support and see Deploying Oracle RAC with CA Service Management.
    Databas              e                   SDM    SC     APM    SAM    USS
    Microsoft SQL Server 2014    (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2012    (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008    (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick) (tick)

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: CA Service Management SQL Server Compatibility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 08:00 AM

Good Afternoon Paulo.

This is Louis again.

About the mssql compatibility, I am not an mssql expert enough, to know whether this is okay.

Could you check with MicroSoft for this?

Kind regards, Louis.

• 4.  Re: CA Service Management SQL Server Compatibility

Posted Sep 19, 2017 08:27 AM

Hi Paulo,

Currently for the Service Management 14.1 version of the product, we have not certified SQL 2016 at this time.  I cannot speak for whether or not it would run ok if using SQL in compatibility mode as that is not something we can support nor do we QA the application in that way.  We can only offer you the information on which versions are currently certified.  

That said, the 17.0 version of our product IS certified with SQL 2016 with the exception of the CA SAM piece of ITAM.  So that may be something to think about.  Also keep in mind that Service Management 17.1 is going to be the next version of the product delivered.  We do not have an ETA as of yet, but its targeted before the end of the year (dont hold us to that as its only an estimate at this point).  That version will also be certified with SQL 2016 as well.

Thanks,

Jon I.