Clarity

• 1.  Mappings between Input control in jaspersoft server and Parameter in jaspersoft Studio

Posted Sep 19, 2017 11:40 AM

Hi All,

Have a Good day!

I have created custom report using Jaspersoft Studio and upoladed the jrxml into the jasper soft report server.

In the Jaspersoft Studio i am using parameters for project ID and Project name and it is working in Studio report.

i have upload the jrxml to Jaspersoft  report Server  and i gave input control to project id and project name. 

When i try to run this it is taking long time to run and it is getting failed. IF i provide the project id directly into the query then it working in Jaspersoft report server. i have given is prompt option and now it is prompting the screen but there is no field to enter project id.

i have mapped input control as per the studio parameter.

Could some one help me on this.

There is no option to enter input:

In the code, i have added parameter:

Thanks,

Thenmozhi K

• 2.  Re: Mappings between Input control in jaspersoft server and Parameter in jaspersoft Studio

Posted Sep 19, 2017 03:43 PM

Hi Thenmozhi,

See if this helps: Using Report Parameters in Jaspersoft Studio | Jaspersoft Community 

So, if the SQL behind your report right now is:

select investment_name, investment_key

from dwh_inv_investment

Then, I think you need to change it to:

select investment_name, investment_key

from dwh_inv_investment

where investment_key = $P{inv_key}

Where inv_key is your parameter.

You can also use a format such as "$P!{inv_key}". But more on how it can be made use of, is explained in the link provided above.

• 3.  Re: Mappings between Input control in jaspersoft server and Parameter in jaspersoft Studio

Posted Sep 20, 2017 04:31 AM

Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for your help.

My requirement is I need to take a report for more than one projects. So I have passed parameter in IN operator as below:

and prj.UNIQUE_NAME = $P{paramProjectId}

please correct me if I wrong,.

Thanks,

Thenmozhi

• 4.  Re: Mappings between Input control in jaspersoft server and Parameter in jaspersoft Studio

Posted Sep 20, 2017 07:21 AM

Hi Thenmozhi,

in this case, you have to use the $X{} clause, e.g.

WHERE $X{IN, prj.UNIQUE_NAME, paramProjectId}

Please be aware that the $X{} clause would produce a true condition in case the list in paramProjectId is empty.

In the report, you have to use the java.util.Collection as datatype for the parameter.

For details, please check:

Using Parameters in Queries | Jaspersoft Community 

Regards

Georg