Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Audit Record ID

Posted Sep 20, 2017 07:37 AM

Can any help me with context variable to get the Audit Record ID during the transaction?The requirement is basically to send the Audit ID in error message so that it can be used to search from audit records.

• 2.  Re: Audit Record ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi,

The Audit Detail records are not processed linear in a policy meaning.

When the add audit details are there the assertion is not immediately written to the DB thus giving all of audit information.

All of the audits are stored and written post policy processing which will make it unlikely that the record ID is available for use in a customize error response. Since the customize error response technically occurs in processing prior to the audit sink policy. So you may be able to get some details using the last variable,

audit.details.last.xxxxxxx  like audit.details.last.fullText  

For example if the last audit is the audit from the failed route via http for example,

But I do not believe all details will be available in the .last because of the audit.sink processing has not occurred yet.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Audit Record ID
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 10:17 PM

Dear Sonalee ,

If you want to lookup the audits for a particular request, you should log the request id, ${requestId}

Then you can use it to filter on the audit event viewer, or use it in your audit lookup SQL statement/audit lookup policy.

Regards,

Mark