Service Virtualization

• 1.  VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Posted Sep 20, 2017 01:06 PM

Hi all,

We have some services running on our VSE that are generating errors.   For example-

et.ResultSetValueFilter - Result Set did not have that column/row
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

This is DevTest 8.5 and the server is running on Linux Redhat 6.6

After a certain point, the VSE shuts down.  While were investigating these issues, is there any setting to keep the VSE alive and not shut down? I

Thanks!

Gary

• 2.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Posted Sep 20, 2017 01:44 PM

Try adding this property to the local.properties file that VSE uses and restart the VSE:

lisa.vse.max.hard.errors=disabled

#lisa.vse.max.hard.errors=3 (I believe this is the default)

• 3.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Posted Sep 20, 2017 02:19 PM

Thanks!  I actually had that set to -1 but that wasn't working. Changing to disabled now

• 4.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 02:27 PM

I believe lisa.vse.max.hard.errors=disabled & lisa.vse.max.hard.errors=-1  are identical in behavior. 

In the short run - you could try increasing the maximum number of errors (lisa.vse.max.hard.errors) to a large value say 100000 or even higher - but as Mike_Gavaghan  mentioned it would be better to solve the root cause for the errors - which seems to be a ResultSetValueFilter as per your example.

• 5.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Posted Sep 20, 2017 02:33 PM

Would you think that these errors would cause the VSE to crash after a certain number happen?   Also any ideas why the VSE would crash if we have the lisa.vse.max.hard.errors=-1?

Thanks!

Gary

• 6.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 04:28 PM

Would you think that these errors would cause the VSE to crash after a certain number happen? - Yes

As for the second part - does a single running VS Model crash or the whole VSE process itself crashes? in either case - will need the stack trace / error logs around the time the issue happens to figure out what is happening in your environment.

• 7.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Posted Sep 20, 2017 07:15 PM

ok thanks! I'm going to create a support ticket tomorrow.

• 8.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 02:05 PM

Joel's answer is correct.

As an aside, it appears you have a filter on a JDBC step and the ResultSet is either too short (probably empty) or missing an expected column.

--Mike

• 9.  Re: VSE Crashing due to Issue in a service

Posted Sep 20, 2017 02:19 PM

Thanks! I'm passing this on to the developers of that sevice