Rally Software

• 1.  Getting Jira "Issue Links" info into AC

Posted Sep 20, 2017 06:10 AM

I'm performing a data migration from Jira to AC and my customer would like to retain some of the information on issue linking

As far as I can read the CA EIF does not support linking objects, but is it possible to get "Issue Links" information from Jira into an AC field, could be a custom field.

Thank you in advance.#jiraintegration

• 2.  Re: Getting Jira "Issue Links" info into AC

Posted Sep 26, 2017 09:18 AM

You might be able to make use of the Web Link field:

Web LinkUse this field to embed a web link or reference to an object in an external system.

The documentation on this can be found in the Help docs here.

• 3.  Re: Getting Jira "Issue Links" info into AC

Posted Sep 26, 2017 11:19 AM

MichaelJakobsen

My name is Hilary Flygare and I work on the CA Agile Central Customer Support Team. Thank you for your question! Are you looking to create a link directly to the artifact in the other system? Or, are you referring to linked Defects/User Stories, and or Story-to-Story hierarchies, as examples? At this point, the latter is currently unsupported with the JIRA connector, unfortunately. 

If your are looking to create a link in Agile Central to the JIRA artifact, please see the following link:

https://help.rallydev.com/jira-installation-user-guide#Create-a-CrosslinkUrlField-in-Rally 

Below is a link regarding the known limitations of the JIRA connector in reference to hierarchies:

https://help.rallydev.com/jira-installation-user-guide#best 

I hope that this information is helpful, but if I have misunderstood your question, please let me know at any time!

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Hilary Flygare

• 4.  Re: Getting Jira "Issue Links" info into AC

Posted Sep 27, 2017 06:45 AM

Hi,

I know that linking of items is currently unsupported.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to get a text string with Jira relations into AC in the notes field. So for instance, if a story in Jira has a link to a bug (Issue link) I can get this information into the notes field.

Maybe the correct question, from my side is, can I get access to the "Issue Links" values in Jira through the integration - what would be the correct variable/field name in the configuration file?

Thank you in advance,

Michael

• 5.  Re: Getting Jira "Issue Links" info into AC

Posted Sep 29, 2017 05:39 PM

MichaelJakobsen

Thank you for your reply and the additional details. I have since done some testing, and linked issues in my test environment, but it doesn't look like the connector is recognizing the field name. I've tried IssueLinks, Issue Links, Issuelinks, and Issue links without any success. At this time it doesn't look like we support the functionality to sync the Issue Links information from JIRA to Agile Central. My apologies that I cannot be of more assistance! 

Thank you,

Hilary Flygare