CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

xFlow Login Problems

• 1.  xFlow Login Problems

Posted Sep 20, 2017 10:19 AM

hi *,

a try to login into r17's xFlow webinterface produce the following errors in incidentMS.log:

INFO - 2017-09-20 16:09:55 [c.c.c.a.impl.NTLMAuthenticator] - Completed validateExternalUser method invocation
    ERROR - 2017-09-20 16:10:10 [c.c.c.a.AuthenticationInterceptor] - Das angeforderte Sicherheitspaket ist nicht vorhanden. (something like "the requested security paket does not exist")

the first error comes from browsing to login page (NTLM activated)

the second error comes from trying to authenticate by hand.

iisstderr.txt & iisstdout.txt are empty.

incidentMS_slump.log shows:

09/20 15:26:54.541 [main] INFO  SLUMP 133 Created SLUMP on PJUSTIZSDM001 at port 2100
    09/20 15:26:54.545 [main] INFO  TCP_port 169 Created standard port 2100 for PJUSTIZSDM001 with id 1505914014545
    09/20 15:26:54.576 [main] INFO  HEARTBEAT_SLNX 96 NX_SLUMP_HEARTBEAT_TIMEOUT set to 900 seconds
    09/20 15:26:54.587 [TCP_port-Read:Slump_nxd] INFO  SLUMP 742 Using normal channel for connection with: domsrvr
    09/20 15:27:24.588 [main] ERROR SLUMP 340 Timed out attempting to connect fast channel to domsrvr
    09/20 15:27:24.589 [TCP_port-Read:Slump_nxd] INFO  SLUMP 742 Using normal channel for connection with: bpvirtdb_srvr
    09/20 15:27:54.588 [main] ERROR SLUMP 340 Timed out attempting to connect fast channel to bpvirtdb_srvr
    09/20 15:33:18.327 [main] INFO  Version 30 HV000001: Hibernate Validator 5.2.4.Final

do you guys have any idea, what we can do to fix this problem?

thanks and regards

marc

• 2.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Posted Sep 20, 2017 10:31 AM

Hi Marc,

Are you using IIS or Tomcat for Xflow in this environment?

Let us know,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Posted Sep 20, 2017 10:58 AM

IIS

• 4.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 10:44 AM

Hi Marc,

Can you confirm if these errors disappear if you remove NTLM authentication?

The correct approach is not to touch the application.conf file but rather use Service Desk -> Administration -> xFlow -> General -> there's authentication section there, default is BASIC, set it to NTLM and recycle xFlow. no SDM recycle is needed.

• 5.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Posted Sep 20, 2017 10:59 AM

That's the way we did it. Should we restore it to BASIC?

• 6.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 11:03 AM

Try using the BASIC authentication and see if you can fix the issue.

• 7.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 11:15 AM

Hi Marc,

Assuming External Authentication (via IIS -> NTLM / Windows Auth) works fine for regular SDM website URL,  the xFlow's NTLM authentication value in the above Service Desk -> Administration -> xFlow -> General -> Authentication  should have worked fine.

However, if you switch this over to BASIC, restart xFlow and see if you can manually login to xFlow via the xFlow login page ?

The timeout error messages in the IncidentMS.log you referred to above, they seem to indicate that we're not able to connect to the domsrvr.  Maybe we are short on resources on the node where you have xFlow.  Could you clarify about the resources that you have allocated to this xFlow node (like 8GB? 12GB?)   4GB is not enough at all.  Each MS takes about 1GB just to start,  in addition to the SDM daemons you'd have on the host.   The timeouts like that were seen on machines short on memory, that's why the ask.

_R

• 8.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Posted Sep 20, 2017 11:45 AM

Agreed - Try Basic auth and see if that works - if so then we know it may be an issue with the authentication mechanism...

• 9.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Posted Nov 15, 2017 05:44 AM

hi Raghu,

i switched over to BASIC authentication, but the Problem still persists. same error Messages in log files. i also tested external authentication (NTLM) on Service desk's pdmweb.exe; this works fine.

we have 8 gb on this machine and there is no peek while trying a Login process.

what else could we do pls?

regards Marc

• 10.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2017 11:52 AM

Marc,

Would you be able raise out a Support case for this and hit me up with the number, we could get this addressed via a support case further as there's nothing that's standing out at this time?

Thx

_R

• 11.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Posted Oct 06, 2017 12:24 PM

Hi Guys !

I have same problem here !

Another software (SDM, catalog, PAM,..) are working right !

do you guys have any idea, what we can do to fix this problem?

• 12.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2017 12:29 PM

Hey Rodrigo,

I'd recommend looking into the above suggestions too....

a) see if everything works if you use BASIC authentication in xFlow.

b) make sure if you have enough resources on the xFlow node

What release/patch levels do you have?

Thx

_R

• 13.  Re: xFlow Login Problems

Posted Oct 09, 2017 01:55 PM

Raghu,

my authentication (for xflow)  is BASIC.

Follow below, my ServiceConfig.xml:

-<Configuration>
    -<Params>

<Root JreVersion="1.8.0_74" InstallDir="D:\CA\xFlow\APPS"/>

<IncidentService Port="xxxx" BatchFile="incidentmicroservice.bat" FolderName="incidentmicroservice-17.0.479"/>

<SearchService Port="yyyy" BatchFile="searchmicroservice.bat" FolderName="searchmicroservice-17.0.479"/>

<PushService Port="zzzz" BatchFile="pushmicroservice.bat" FolderName="pushmicroservice-17.0.479"/>

<CollabService Port="wwww" BatchFile="collabmicroservice.bat" FolderName="collabmicroservice-17.0.479"/>

<UI WebSite="xFlow" IIS="false"/>

</Params>

</Configuration>

Any ideia about this problem ???

bye