DX NetOps

• 1.  Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Posted Sep 20, 2017 04:55 PM

Hello all,

I'm trying to enable SSL on my Spectrum OneClick server and keep running into an issue.  I have followed the instructions in the "Configure the Secure Socket on the OneClick Server" documentation but am unable to launch the OneClick web page.  The error I get is:

This site is not secure
    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.
    Here is a copy of my server.xml file that I modified according to the instructions:
    <Connector
               port="443"
               enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true" tcpNoDelay="true"
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="true" sslProtocol="TLS"
               ciphers="TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,SSL_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,SSL_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA"
               keystoreFile="E:/Spectrum/custom/keystore/cacerts"
               keystorePass="changeit">
         </Connector>
    Does anyone see where the problem may be?
    I have tried opening the web page with both IE 11 and Firefox.  Neither one works.
    Thanks in advanced,
    Michael

• 2.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 11:23 PM

Hi Michael,

That message in a browser (This site is not secure) most likely means that your certificate is not valid or incorrectly configured.

Have you followed the following docops guide;

Configure OneClick for Secure Sockets Layer - CA Spectrum - 10.1 to 10.1.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

And what version of Spectrum are you using?

• 3.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 07:58 AM
      |   view attached

Also, are you using a self signed cert or a CA cert?

• 4.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Posted Sep 21, 2017 11:45 AM

Yes, I'm using a self signed certificate.

• 5.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Posted Sep 21, 2017 11:47 AM

yes, I used the docops for v10.2 and I am running Spectrum 10.2.0.

• 6.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2017 09:30 AM
      |   view attached

Were you able to figure this out?

Make sure your /custom/keystore and start over.

If it still doesn’t work after all that, I would suggest opening a support case.

Cheers

Jay

• 7.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2017 10:21 AM

I don't know what the email integration is doing, but it looks like it's not working.  Since it didn't post properly in the webpage, here is what I actually replied with with the only thing I'd like to add is what Brad noted -- you are still going to get a "Not Secure" message, however you should still be able to access/open OneClick.

Here was what I wanted to post:

Were you able to figure this out? 

Make sure your <SPECROOT>/tomcat/conf/server.xml has the same redirect port and SSL port.

Ie from my Windows machine:

<!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->

<Connector port="8080" URIEncoding="UTF-8" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" tcpNoDelay="true" />

<!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 443 -->

<Connector

port="8443"

enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true" tcpNoDelay="true"

acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"

clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"

ciphers="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5,SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,SSL_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA,SSL_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA"

keystoreFile="C:/win32app/spectrum/custom/keystore/cacerts"

keystorePass="changeit">

</Connector>

Make sure your <SPECROOT>/custom/keystore/cacerts file has the self signed cert listed with the alias of tomcatssl

From a shell navigate to the <SPECROOT>/java/bin:

./keytool -list -v -alias tomcatssl -keystore ../../custom/keystore/cacerts

you should get output like this showing tomcatssl alias with a PrivateKeyEntry and the Owner and Issuer info should be the same:

Alias name: tomcatssl

Creation date: Sep 26, 2017

Entry type: PrivateKeyEntry

Certificate chain length: 1

Certificate[1]:

Owner: CN=Jason, OU=Support, O=CA, L=Portsmouth, ST=NH, C=US

Issuer: CN=Jason, OU=Support, O=CA, L=Portsmouth, ST=NH, C=US

Serial number: 4a4f0e20

Valid from: Tue Sep 26 09:11:52 EDT 2017 until: Mon Dec 25 08:11:52 EST 2017

If there are any problems, delete your <SPECROOT>/custom/keystore/cacerts file and copy (don’t replace) the <SPECROOT>/Java/jre/lib/security/cacerts file back into the <SPECROOT>/custom/keystore and start over.

If it still doesn’t work after all that, I would suggest opening a support case. 

Cheers

Jay

• 8.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Posted Sep 26, 2017 12:10 PM

I recreated the certificate using the same information and everything worked after that.  Not sure what happened but am now able to launch the OneClick web page in SSL mode and then launch Spectrum.

Thanks all for the input.  It was very helpful.

Michael

• 9.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2017 12:19 PM

Awesome, glad to hear it!

• 10.  Re: Enable SSL Spectrum OneClick
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2017 10:16 AM

Hi Michael,

This type of message is normally seen when using a self-signed certificate. There are many reasons why this message could be seen. Some of the reasons are legitimate concerns, and some are the Browser's way of informing you that you are not using a "trusted" Certificate Authority signed certificate. I recommend checking the support page for the browser you are using to see what recommendations the browser manufacture provides about the message.

For Example, if you are using Firefox and see the message "Your connection is not secure" could be due to one of the following reasons:

• The certificate will not be valid until (date)
    • The certificate expired on (date)
    • The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown
    • The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signd
    • The certificate is only valid for (site name)
    • Corrupted certificate store

For more information related to Firefox, see  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-does-your-connection-is-not-secure-mean

Thank you,

Brad