Service Virtualization

• 1.  Is it possible to create Virtual service with Response file size 5500KB?

Posted Sep 21, 2017 01:01 PM

I tried to create virtual service using with R/R pairs which is having around 5500KB size. After creating the service VSI is displayed in black and white XML tags. Whereas if I create Virtual Service using less size of R/R files, VSI is displayed in color XMl tags. Is there any issue with file size?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to create Virtual service with Response file size 5500KB?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 01:22 PM

Hi,

There should be no issues deploying and using such a large virtual service.  I think what you're seeing is the simply the XML editor struggling with the large size.

--Mike

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to create Virtual service with Response file size 5500KB?

Posted Sep 21, 2017 01:28 PM

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks,
    Venu

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to create Virtual service with Response file size 5500KB?

Posted Sep 21, 2017 02:03 PM

You might help the editor by increasing the memory on the Workstation using a VMOPTIONS.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to create Virtual service with Response file size 5500KB?

Posted Sep 21, 2017 02:41 PM

Hi Nesmith,

Thanks for your help. can you please guide me where can we find VMOPTIONS?

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to create Virtual service with Response file size 5500KB?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 03:21 PM

Look for the "bin" folder within the DevTest installation folder.  There's a file named Workstation.vmoptions

There are instructions in there on how to configure it.  For example, use -Xmx1024m to increase heap size to 1 GB.

If you set this value too high, however, Workstation won't launch.  It depends on how much physical memory you have and what else is running.

--Mike