Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Does CA API Gateway works on the top of LAC?

Posted Sep 22, 2017 10:09 AM

I have gone through with the documentation of CA API Gateway and CA Mobile API Gateway and from all those documentations I get to know that these gateways are used to control the external access to the web services and mobile API respectively. 

About which mobile APIs and web services it is talking about?

- Is it talking about the APIs created in Live API Creator? or something else?

Note - I apologize for posting this kind of detailed questions here. I am not aware this community allows to post this kind of questions but to make me clear I only get this platform where I can get exact answers for my questions.

• 2.  Re: Does CA API Gateway works on the top of LAC?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2017 10:35 AM

Hi

This is exactly what the communities site is used for, so no problem at all.

There are many use cases for the CA API Gateway but working with Live API Creator, the gateway would be protecting the API’s exposed by the LAC API Server.

LAC – would create the enterprise API’s from multiple data sources and then publish that directly to the gateway, where the gateway would expose this externally or internally to your multiple channels.

LAC – Build out, configure and maintain your API’s.

Expose on the gateway to your internal and /or external clients.

Allow the consumption to take place for your developers with interactive documentation on the CA API Portal.

Hope this helps.

regards

Derek Orr

ca technologies

Principal Consultant, CA API Management Presales

m: 778-980-0029

Email = Derek.Orr@ca.com<mailto:Derek.Orr@ca.com>

CA API Management Community: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-api-management-community

• 3.  Re: Does CA API Gateway works on the top of LAC?

Posted Sep 25, 2017 01:29 AM

Thanks, Derek's Blog for this quick reply and for the deep explanation which I was looking for. Your explanation encourages me to have a deep go through of it.

• 4.  Re: Does CA API Gateway works on the top of LAC?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2017 07:38 PM

Dear kkaus ,

CA API gateway can work on the top of any API provider, LAC is one of them. The purpose of api gateway is to protect and hide the backend api servers.

CA Mobile api gateway is same as api gateway but has extra solution kit of MAG, and has mobile app SDK to easily build the secure connection between app and api gateway, therefor the app can access the api(s) protected by api gateway. Also provide features like single sign on and OTP and so on.

Regards,

Mark

• 5.  Re: Does CA API Gateway works on the top of LAC?

Posted Sep 25, 2017 09:28 AM

Here are few questions about API Gateway which I want to make clear. Thanks in advance for answer these.

1. I have Mobile API gateway in my download menu and should I ask CA representative to add an "API Gateway" product in my download list? OR would I get the "API Gateway" from the Mobile API Gateway product?
    2. Is API Gateway command line tool or UI-based tool?
    3. If I will create some APIs in LAC then how I will control the APIs access from the API gateway. Even LAC seems to be a feature enrich platform.

Please clear above understandings. Thanks in advance.

• 6.  Re: Does CA API Gateway works on the top of LAC?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2017 07:54 PM

1. the download list of Mobile api gateway includes the ova of api gateway. You can check the download list on support.ca.com

2. the download list also includes policy manager (UI based), to publish backend apis, or develop policy for a new api

3. please refer to Publish an API to API Gateway - CA Live API Creator - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation