Service Virtualization

• 1.  Issue with DB space - getting filled up

Posted Sep 22, 2017 03:27 AM

Hello All,

I have face issue twice when I was not able to connect to registry. I was getting time out error an on checking in registry logs , am able to see db space exceptions.

I want to know below things. Apart from below questions, advance info is most welcome.

->  What are these files which is consuming space at DB side?

->  How we can avoid this for permanent fix?

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: Issue with DB space - getting filled up
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 22, 2017 03:48 AM

The data generation can happen from multiple sources depending upon what all components of DevTest you are running. You can refer product documentation for guidelines on database maintenance. I have provided here a link for your reference.

Database Maintenance

The recommendation would be to integrate DevTest with an external database then using the default Derby database. It's very likely you are using Derby and you have run out of disk space. 

If this is your local instance and you are using Derby then you can possibly look at recreating the database provided you don't want to retain any metrics information.  You can follow these steps.

1. Stop all DevTest components -  Workstation, Registry, VSE etc.
    2. Go to DevTest install directory  %DevTestHome%\database
    3. If you are using Derby then you should see a directory namely lisa.db
    4. Purge lisa.db directory
    5. Restart Registry.  This would recreate the default derby database

Please make sure you have enough hard disk space (at least 20 GB) available.

• 3.  Re: Issue with DB space - getting filled up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2017 09:37 AM

Make sure you are using an external enterprise database.  Derby is only supported OOTB for validation.  Please refer to this link for supported databases for both the Enterprise Dashboard and Registry:

System Requirements - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The tables that tend to fill up the fastest are:

HST_STEP_RUN
    HST_EVENT_INFO
    HST_METRIC_VALUE

We have properties that will purge report data after 30 days by default in the lisa.properties:

#
    # In order to check for expired reports,
    # set autoExpire = true.
    # Set the expiration period -- an integer followed by (w=week,d=day,h=hour,m=minute).
    # The default expiration period is 30d (30 days).
    perfmgr.rvwiz.whatrpt.autoExpire=true
    perfmgr.rvwiz.whatrpt.expireTimer=30d

You might want to set the perfmgr.rvwiz.whatrpt.expireTimer to be lower than 30 days if you do not need to keep more than a month's worth of report data.  If wanting to change the properties, I suggest to copy the properties to the local.properties file of where the Registry is running and change the value, we do not recommend updating lisa.properties when needing to change default values.

Hope this helps.

• 4.  Re: Issue with DB space - getting filled up

Posted Sep 23, 2017 12:21 AM

Thanks Mercy.

This one I can try easily. And want to confirm you , we are using external SQL Server Data Base in bank connect with Registry.

Cheers..