DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Re: What does this error mean?

Posted Sep 19, 2017 12:21 PM

I have a customer experiencing the same exception - both with "broken pipe" and with "connection reset" Socket Exceptions. They only appeared suddenly today - we had multiple users log in and navigating the Experience View and Mapping as well as Webview. Then one user invoked 2 Thread Dumps. That user saw 1) no thread dump stored/visible in Webview and 2) on second attempt on different Agent, a java.lang.NullPointerException in the Webview UI, perhaps related. So I'm not sure if the EM exception is related to multiple users analyzing a large map in Team Center, or to the thread dump invocations...?

• 2.  Re: What does this error mean?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2017 11:17 AM

Branched incorrectly

Sergio's note 

Topics:
    Hi Janelle,

"Internal Server Error happend during controller invocation! org.mortbay.jetty.EofException" is a generic error I am afraid, we would need DEBUG log to identify the root cause.

If you are using 10.5.1, I strongly suggest you to apply the latest 10.5.2HF#39 as it contains major performance improvements for ATC/EV (it is the latest HF as of now). Open a support case to obtain a copy and details of the hotfix.

Please note that the new APM hotfix mechanism in 10.5.x allows you to upgrade your Introscope EMs in a matter of seconds, there is no longer need to reinstall your EMs or database!

I hope this helps,
    Sergio