Rally Software

• 1.  Milestones shows 69 items but when clicking on it, no items are viewable

Posted Sep 22, 2017 11:43 AM

Milestones shows 69 items Scheduled, but when clicking on it, no items are viewable - how do I get those items to be viewable.

• 2.  Re: Milestones shows 69 items but when clicking on it, no items are viewable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2017 11:58 AM

Hi Stacy,

I see you have an active filter for Defect set. Are you intending to filter for Defect? If you clear your filter does the viewable work item count resolve?

Thanks,

Kris

• 3.  Re: Milestones shows 69 items but when clicking on it, no items are viewable

Posted Sep 25, 2017 09:31 AM

a feature showed up but said it no longer has children when I removed that filter.  Shouldn't anything assigned to the Milestone show up?

• 4.  Re: Milestones shows 69 items but when clicking on it, no items are viewable
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2017 08:44 AM

Hi Stacey, 

Could it be possible, that the children of the Feature and/or other scheduled items for this Milestone are either in closed projects, or in projects, that you do not have permission for?

The count would still be the complete number, as those workproducts have not been removed, but they just might not be accessible for you.

For the feature, you should be able to check in the revision history of the feature to see, if any children have been added and/or removed.

• 5.  Re: Milestones shows 69 items but when clicking on it, no items are viewable

Posted Sep 26, 2017 10:02 AM

Ahh yes the projects are closed because new teams were created.  I would still expect to see the items there as I am a subscription Admin and that's valuable data.  Perhaps a fail here.  Thank you I will put in an enhancement request as we do close projects 'teams' but the data of what was shipped in a milestone will be relevant long after the project is closed out.  Just out of curiosity, how do others handle trying to keep Rally 'clean' and yet still ensure the relevant data is available.  I didn't delete the projects or the items so I would expect everything to continue to be visible.