CA Service Management

• 1.  Remove border line and label around buttons

Posted Sep 22, 2017 03:16 PM

Could anyone let me know on how to get rid of both border line and label "Save Request" around the grouped buttons [Save] [Create Incident] ?

• 2.  Re: Remove border line and label around buttons
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 25, 2017 07:47 AM

Hi Vishnu,

My guess is that this is somewhere in the CSS files, but I am not sure specifically which one.  You would have to use browser tools (F12) to locate that spot in the code and see if its being called from a CSS file.  

Can I ask what the reasoning is behind it?  Seems like a very cosmetic request.

Jon

• 3.  Re: Remove border line and label around buttons

Posted Sep 27, 2017 01:42 PM

Hi Jon,

Sorry for delayed response as I got sidetracked. Yes, it's very cosmetic stuff as I'm redesigning the R/I/P detail forms and buttons per new requirements. I will see if I can find any related to button customizations from the identified CSS forms shown below.

analyst_styles.css

button.css

• 4.  Re: Remove border line and label around buttons

Posted Sep 27, 2017 01:56 PM

Sure, just keep in mind going forward even though we do have the upgrade utility to merge your custom forms, it will NOT work on CSS or javascript files, so you will have to maintain those through every cumulative patch, roll up patch, and upgrade - and now that we are only supporting GA and GA-1 for the current versions of the product, those cumulatives, rollups, or upgrades will be coming out about every 2-3 months, so the more you customize things, the more work it will take to keep your system up to date and supportable.  So you may want to just mention this to the folks giving you all these cosmetic requirements.  Also think about the future - down the road, when we move to the micro-services based interface, you wont be able to customize things at this level, so keep that in mind also.

Thanks

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Remove border line and label around buttons

Posted Sep 27, 2017 02:29 PM

Totally understand, Thanks Jon for the heads-up.

• 6.  Re: Remove border line and label around buttons

Posted Sep 27, 2017 02:54 PM

No prob :)

• 7.  Re: Remove border line and label around buttons

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 11:54 AM

Can someone post the solution to this? I took a quick look the other day and thought it is not an easy thing so

I am curious what is done to make that border disappear? Thanks