Clarity

• 1.  Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 23, 2017 10:39 PM

Create resource integration.

I am looking to find out steps involved in getting a resource integration.  Steps involved are. …..

1. Receive comma delimited file. I have dealt with this kind of file.
    2. Pre - Process the file to see the file integrity and check point. I am not sure how it can be done and any tools available for this purpose.
    3. Process .csv file. How to convert the .csv file to .xml file.
    4. How to submit .xml file and collet the error.

Feel free to expand it and or attach any documentation  information.

• 2.  Re: Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 24, 2017 03:18 PM

For you pre-process sql or gel could do the validation. You would verify the each value in the csv exist (if the value is required) and it is with the bounds it can be. That is you must establish validation rules. You would add the values that do not meet the requirements and the reason to a temporary array and when done you would publish as a portlet (ie populate a custom object whose data the portlet would display when needed).

Then either stop processing of process further only the values that pass the validation.

See

https://communities.ca.com/message/101798519?commentID=101798519#comment-101798519 

for help how to create a XML file and XOG it in.

• 3.  Re: Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 24, 2017 05:55 PM

Hi Ratnesh,

I am providing a link below to the Integration Adapter add-in documentation.
    This add-in is only available to PPM SaaS customers for importing structured resource information with a CA PPM job.
    Not sure if this helps.

Regards.

Sarmistha

Add-In Integration Adapter [CA PPM SaaS]

• 4.  Re: Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 25, 2017 01:05 AM

If you are looking at a ready to apply solution you could consider also

Data Integrity Assurance for CA PPM and

CA PPM Integration Framework

see

CA PPM Packaged Work Products - CA Technologies 

• 5.  Re: Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 25, 2017 08:37 AM

Has anyone used any of these packaged work products, and if so, would you please comment on their utility, contribution to user adoption, value?

Also, would be good to know which of these packaged work products have a future in 15.x going forward.  For example, looks like the new Resource Management feature in the new UX may obsolete the allocation editor, here.  As the list has a copyright date of 2016 on it, will a new list be available soon?

Dale

• 6.  Re: Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 25, 2017 11:50 AM

Hello Dale, 

The Adapters are available for both on Premise and SaaS solutions. The adapters are CA SaaS compliant, and supports integration through either flat files (.csv, .txt) or via web services. 

Regarding the updated catalog, the team is currently working on the updated list and should be available in the coming weeks. There are more in-depth overviews available below for several of the adapters.  

As part of Application Management Services (AMS), we include access and support of the Packaged Work Products in our premium content catalog. For additional information about the PWPs or AMS, please reach out to your account team. 

Packaged Work Product Overviews

Resource Adapter for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

Time Actuals Adapter for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

Application Adapter for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

Custom Object Adapter for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

Data Extraction for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

Department Adapter for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

OBS Adapter for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

Project Adapter for CA PPM - Overview (1).pdf 

Rate Matrix Adapter for CA PPM.pdf 

Timesheet Validation for CA PPM.pdf 

Transaction Adapter for CA PPM - Overview.pdf 

• 7.  Re: Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 25, 2017 12:04 PM

Thanks, Brandon - will look for the updates.  In the meantime, will check with account team for some demos, customer use cases.

• 8.  Re: Resource Integration from external source.

Posted Sep 25, 2017 11:54 AM

Hello Dale, My assumption these packaged products cost are extra. I am not sure how to convince the management for this extra money.