Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to migrate a bundle with folder structure?

Posted Sep 25, 2017 02:07 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to migrate a service into a gateway, using the GMU migrateIn command. This service has dependencies, which are arranged in folders. Additionally, since we also want to use Version Control, we're using a directory bundle (as suggested in this example).

However, when I migrateIn the bundle, the folder structure is omitted completely. I even created the folders manually in the target Gateway, but still no luck.

Does anyone know how to migrateIn a bundle, and keeping the folder structure? 

Thanks in advance,

-Jaime

• 2.  Re: How to migrate a bundle with folder structure?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2017 06:32 PM

Jaime,

I just tried on a Gateway 9.2 with GMU and tested using the commands outlined in the documentation you linked to and found no issues moving both policies/services and folders between environments. Sample commands below. Please provide through the commands that you ran.

Out command:

./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateOut -z gateway.properties -folderName / -d otk_temp -f directory --defaultAction NewOrUpdate && (cd otk_temp && tar c .) | (cd otk_mag  && tar xf -) && rm -rf otk_temp

In command:

./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateIn -z local.properties -b otk_mag -r result.xml

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: How to migrate a bundle with folder structure?

Posted Oct 24, 2017 09:53 AM

Hey Stephen,

It's been a while, but thanks for your reply. At the end, I was able to accomplish what I wanted to do by doing the following (some of this suggested in other posts):

• Creating the folders manually on the target gateway.
    • Updating the mappings for those folders as follows:
      • GatewayMigrationUtility.sh manageMappings --bundle ${bundle} --type FOLDER --srcId '${originFolderSrcId}' --targetName '${targetFolderName}'

Best regards,

-Jaime