Release Automation

• 1.  Agents cannot start

Posted Sep 26, 2017 12:39 AM

Hi all,

I already open the case for this issue that Agent cannot start and have wrapper log error "FATAL | wrapper | unable to get the path for '{Agent_Home}/bin/wrapper-aix-ppc-64'-Error 0 "

Then I Attach wrapper.log print on agent_home and all log in logs folder for your investigation.

BTW, I already open support for this case, I would like to know if anyone used to face this issue and how to fix it.

Thank you and regards,

Nithi P.

Attachment(s)

zip
    wrapper.log.zip   290 B 1 version
    gz
    logs.tar.gz   1006 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Agents cannot start
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 26, 2017 03:35 AM

Hi all,

Now I can start after change mod and own to the user(ROOT Priviledge).

I can start agent now.

BTW, Only one question. Why we use user that have root priviledge to start then get result that does not have priviledge to access file?

Does CA RA Agent check the owner match or not at first of start agent?

PS. Thanks CA Support that response this so fast

Thank you and regards,

Nithi P.

• 3.  Re: Agents cannot start

Posted Sep 28, 2017 05:44 AM

Now I can start after change own to root.

Still confuse, why root cannot start agent with other owner?

Thank you and regards,

Nithi P.

• 4.  Re: Agents cannot start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 11:31 AM

Hi 

Without knowing the permission details on your system , it would be difficult to answer. 

I would expect the wrapper is runned with a account which can not access this file . 

Regards Dirk 

• 5.  Re: Agents cannot start

Posted Oct 04, 2017 10:28 PM

Hi Dirk,

This case I would like to know only which user that agents use to start ( user execute start agent /or user that owner the files )

Because this situation Agent install with created user after that infrastructure team change UID of that user to be root. Then we try to start agent with that user. this case might be owner of file is not in the system cause it's different UID.

At this case I just confuse that look like agent need to execute something with owner of Agent files. Is it Possible?

Thank you and regards,

Nithi P.

• 6.  Re: Agents cannot start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2017 04:15 AM

Hi 

If you check the documentation to run the the agent as a non - root user 

Deploy Agents - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Is says

1. Find the #RUN_AS_USER= root entry.
    2. Uncomment the line, and enter the name of the user who owns the CA Release Automation Agent service installation.

So the user running the agent needs be the one who owns the file or at least be member of the group who has the right 

permission to read and execute the files 

Regards

Dirk 

• 7.  Re: Agents cannot start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2017 04:26 AM

Hi
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk