CA Service Management

• 1.  cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 26, 2017 04:24 AM

Hi,

We recently applied CP4 in our SDM AA environment and observed that some notifications are missing on ticket when we check it from ticket --> view ---> notification history.

does any one know how to capture this in logs to whom the notification sent and not for others . for ex: during ticket creation initial notification when go to group in our ca if that ticket group has 5 members, after cp4 initial notification is triggering to 3 member but not for other 2 members.

we want to caputure this in logs does any one know how to capture it?

• 2.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 26, 2017 08:10 AM

Hi Subbarao,

Just to confirm here, prior to CP4, when that same group was notified, you were able to see which members got it and which didnt by looking at the notification history, but after CP4 you are not able to see that?

I just want to understand exactly what the change is that you are seeing so I can look to reproduce it in-house and see if its a bug or by design.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 26, 2017 10:14 AM

Hi Subbarao,

So I did some testing in house on both CP3 and CP4 machines using the same scenario.  I set up a test group, and 5 test users, 3 of which have email addresses and 2 that dont.  The 2 that dont, have no notification method set on their contact record. I added all 5 users to the test group that i created.  I set the notification rule to notify the Group on initial.   In the notification history, I see all 5 contacts listed there.

So I am not sure that this is something that changed in the application as I cannot seem to replicate it in CP3 or CP4.

What is the exact behavior you are seeing?  Can you share a screenshot of the notification history?  Maybe set up a simple scenario with two test contacts - one with an email address and one without.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 27, 2017 05:35 AM

Hi Jon,

When we send the notifications from Sdm, all the users receive notification and shows in the logs however when we check the notifcaion history from ticket view, we dont see all the entries. Ex: if we send notification to 5 people, it may show only 3 entries which have got the emails but all the 5 received the notifications.

Screenshots depicted below:

/Sharath

• 5.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 27, 2017 09:29 AM

Hi Sharath - so this is a Manual Notify?  Subbarao had said that it was an initial which is automated - I can test again with Manual to see the difference.  Also I tested in CP3 and CP4... I did not test in CP2.  I can do that as well to see if it makes a difference.

Let me know,

Jon

• 6.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 27, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi Jon,

Its for any kind of notification, not specific to Initial or Manual notification

thanks

sharath

• 7.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 27, 2017 09:58 AM

Thanks Sharath - I will retest again with CP2 in place (or just GA) to see if I have the same behavior.  If so, then I would say this is a bug - lets see...Give me some time and I will get back to you guys...

Jon

• 8.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 27, 2017 10:52 AM

HI Sharath,

I am a bit confused by the use case still... Subbraro at first mentioned that out of the 5 contacts in a group, if the group was notified, only 3 contacts got the email and 2 did not.  But you are saying that all 5 got the email, but only 3 of them show in the notification history.  Now back in CP2, there was an issue such that if the group record you are notifying did not have an email address you could not do a manual notify to that group.  After CP3, that changed and it looks at the group's email address first, then if there is none, it sends to the individual user's (within that group) email addresses.  So I need to understand the exact use case that you are using here.  

Please give me the following info:

1.  Is this a manual or automatic notification to multiple individual contacts?  OR is this a manual or automatic notification to a group?  

2. If the notification is to a group, then do all 5 members of that group have email addresses and notification methods set on their contact records?  If the notification is to individual users, do all 5 users have email addresses and notification methods set on their contact records?

Let me know on this so I can test this out properly.

Thanks,

Jon

• 9.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 27, 2017 11:21 AM

Hello Jon,

Sorry for the confusion. Please check the below details of different cases:

1. On Initial notification, when a ticket assigned to the group, all members get notification. Email address and notification method is mapped correctly for all members of the group. But in notification history it is showing only 4 members got notifications out of 6 members. 

2. When we send manual notification to individual/multiple contact from ticket, it is not displayed in Notification history, however user gets the notification in mailbox.

3. When we update status of ticket to Awaiting User, it sends notification to Affected End User and Requestor, but in Notification history it shows only notification sent to Affected End User.

Notifications are going properly to users, issue is only while displaying them in Notification history.

Please let me know for any further information.

Thanks.

• 10.  Re: cp4 notification issue

Posted Sep 27, 2017 01:19 PM

Hi Subbarao,

So I am not seeing that same behavior.  In all of my systems, CP2, CP3 and CP4, they are all acting the same way and showing all of the users that got the notification in the notification history.  Its a bit odd, and I am not sure why you are seeing some that are missing.  Not sure if its something configured a certain way in your environment.  I think your best best on this one would be to open a support ticket so that an engineer can take a look at it with you in greater detail to tray and narrow down the possible causes.  I can say that in CP3 and CP4 there were quite a bit of changes made to the notification processes and the logic behind them, so it could be something interacting in an odd way with the updated functionality, but I am not sure.  Unfortunately I dont think I can do much more from the community side on this one - I think this one will require a support case to progress it forward and get to the root cause.

Thanks,

Jon I.